Chibi Robo?

Discussion in 'Games' started by zelmo, Apr 27, 2006.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Has anyone here played this game? It looks like something that could be either really good, or really lame.

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I loved the game but it's not something everyone will. It's hard to describe since it's so unique.

I've finished the game but not with a 100% quest completed score. I will wait a while and play it again in a year or so and try to get 100%

It's very fun exploring the huge environments and wondering things like: "How could I get on top of that bookshelf to get that Frog Ring?"

Not enough gadgets for Chibi for my taste.

Some people complained about the "chores" you had to do (like scrubbing floor with toothbrush). I didn't find this annoying at all. You're don't even have to do any if you don't want to. It simply helps get more happiness points to get Power upgrades faster.

The game was not long enough to my taste (25 hours for me).

Graphics could have been a little better (especially for progressive scan mode) but they suit the game style very well.

3. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Cool. Would you think this is a game for a kid? My 5 year old loves robots and stuff like that. If a lot of the game is exploration with no linear requirement to strictly adhere to, it sounds like something he might dig.

4. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

A kid would probably enjoy the game. He might not be able to finish it tough.

Would a 5 years old be able to figure out simple quests? "A) Find the hidden battery. B) Bring battery Back to Chibi House. C) Charge the Battery. D) Bring Battery Back to Mega Robo."?

Also, he'll have to figure that when the upper left corner countdown is reaching zero, he'll have to recharge his Chibi battery from a wall outlet or he will shutdown.

He might have trouble with puzzle like going back to the past to find something that doesn't exist in the present anymore.

I can't remember how smart I was when I was 5 years old and I don't have kids so I wouldn't know ^_^

He'll definitly love all the characters. Mainly a funny disfunctional family and a bunch of talking toys.

If you don't plan on playing the game yourself, you might want to read a walkthrough to see if it's too complex for your kid.

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I plan on getting this game as soon as the game drops down to about $30 or so. I played a demo at the Nintendo store and it seemed fun, though maybe it had too many intermission screens that you couldn't skip which seemed annoying. But the gameplay was nice and it looks really cool.

I like odd little games like that but ever since Super Monkey Ball I'm always cautious on them. I read a zillion reviews about how great SMB was and all and I paid full price for it (which I rarely ever do) and I thought the game was terrible to the point I sold it a few weeks later (something else I never do).

6. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

He currently plays games like Lego Star Wars, Mario Kart, Jak & Daxter, and Mario Striker. This sounds like it might be outside his reach just yet. Maybe in a year when it can be had for $20-30.

Thanks for all your input. Really helpful.:)

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I am buying this game once i find a used copy at EB, it looks like a lot of fun.