Chicken of the VNC help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by parkschr, Feb 4, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Ok, I have Chicken of the VNC running and everything works fine. I set it up to control my dad's computer. He says he can see the mouse move around on his screen that I am controlling.

However, I can not see his mouse when he is moving it around. I know when he has clicked something, but don't actually see his mouse move.

I am new to the VNC stuff.

2. LPZ
    macrumors 65816

What you describe is what I'd expect no matter what client you use. But maybe my expectation is misguided.

3. macrumors regular

I seem to be having trouble with Chicken of the VNC as well. I keep getting the following error message

Connection Terminated
    Unknown rectangle encoding 7864321 -> exiting

If I use jollyfastvnc I dont have any problems. I tried changing the colors to 256 and still had the same problems. I currently have my display set to 0 and I dont have view only, allow other clients.., or fullscreen display checked off. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem or knew how I may be able to fix it? Thanks a lot for any help, this is just getting really frustrating since I cant seem to find anything online about this. I am trying to access it using 10.6.6 on my MBP and I'm running Veency on a 3GS 4.1 (8B117) with MAC filtering network settings. Not sure if this would help at all since jollyfastvnc seems to work.