Chicken VNC problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cool11, Feb 7, 2007.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

I am new to mac world.
    I want to use chicken vnc to control a pc.
    The pc already runs vnc server(windows software of course).
    I use pc vnc viewer from other pc to see the specific pc running vnc server and there are no problems.

But there are problems in mac vnc. I cannot connect at all.

One of the messages:
    - rfbconnection. connection terminated. authentication failed-server reports: too many security failures.

I use computers so many years but I cannot understand where the problem is. I test it with and without authentication but I had no luck at all. Networking with pc works fine(i can see its hard disk).

Pc run vnc server edition 4.1.19(from realvnc).

Please help me to connect to the pc, I really need it.

2. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

Blocked Firewall Port on the Mac? ...are you sure you are connecting to the right VNC port? 5900 or 5901

3. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

It has died on me too for some reason. I get "cannot connect" issues. It's like the password is being messed up on the way over to compare....

4. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

Where can I check if this port is firewall blocked?

5. superted666 Guest

superted666

as a test disable the firewall

system prefrences > sharing > firewall > stop

remember to re-enable after testing!

6. franchise macrumors newbie

chicken problems all of a sudden too

Had everything running like a charm...then 2 things happened...updated to 10.4.8 from 10.4.7 and also enabled gaming ports to play age of empires III video game.

Etiher way...mcafee antivirus software on pc rigs that i was tapping into are throwing up errors on my connection and the connection gets terminated. I can initially log in..then it stops. I can still see the shot of the screen but its a dead connection. Very odd. Wondering if Chicken software somehow got corrupted when i upgraded the os or what???? I don't know. Very frustrating though.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

7. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If you are trying to control a PC from a Mac, I'd suggest downloading the Remote Desktop program from Microsoft. It might be easier than using VNC.