Children's games

Discussion in 'Games' started by meta-ghost, Sep 29, 2004.

1. meta-ghost macrumors regular

i have a three year old who has recently taken an interest in a kid's game i have on my mac. question: what are the good sources for reviews of kid's games (and purchases).

2. meta-ghost thread starter macrumors regular

3. applekid macrumors 68020

Well, for purchases, that above link is best for finding titles. I do think the Apple Online Store has the games or maybe even direct ordering to the publisher's website.

I remember when I was in elementary school, The Learning Company/MECC (now owned by Broderbund/TLC) had tons of games for the Mac. But once OS X came around, I thought "edutainment" games were nonexistent. Then, I went to the Apple Store in Tyson Corner's Center, and they had shelves of kids games for the Mac! I was thoroughly surprised because I thought kids games were gone for sure.

While we're on the subject, I recommend checking Apple's Retail stores as well. They have shelves of kids games, like I said.

For reviews, typing in a title in Google should return some results. I don't know of any particular review sites. But, I occasionally see Mac magazines have reviews for kids games. Searching their sites may help.

4. Chris_Evans macrumors newbie

Ha, yeah I thought the same thing. You don't really hear/see much about "edutainment" games these days. However, it could also be that I'm not a kid anymore and my mom isn't buying me any. :)