Chimera being pulled back to Mozilla tree!!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sparkleytone, Aug 8, 2002.

1. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i think my chimera dreams have been coming true ahead of schedule ever since .2.x got rolling in earnest. As of today at 8AM EST the chimera team has begun pulling to the 20020805 Moz 1.0 codebase. I cannot WAIT to see the speed changes this creates. All Chimera faithful come and share in praising :)

CVS Log Showing this Wonderful news!!

[​IMG]

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

sweet. don't know what all that means, but i like chimera. anything you nerdy types tell me will make it better is good in my book

word

3. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

basically, all the work done since early june has been done ONLY to the cocoa part of Chimera. The core browser was just a snapshot of the Mozilla project at that time. This was pre-Mozilla 1.0. Anyone who has used the latest Mozilla builds as well as the builds back then will begin to understand what this is going to do. I remember Mac15 having a thread in mid July about how fast Mozilla had become. This is what I am looking forward to. Chimera has come leaps and bounds, but I have been saying for about a month that the codebase is just too old and that they had basically done with it (speedwise) all they could. The syncing to one of the latest code branches is going to be an eyeopener for those with a critical eye and finger on the pulse of Chimera.

p.s. i find this very interesting timing. they said they would most like not pull back to the tree until approaching 1.0. They arent even halfway there :) Jaguar and Chimera are making out to be a match made in heaven.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah, i guess i had put together that much of it... but didn't know all the specifics... ie, i wouldn't know what makes the code better etc....

thanks for the info

also, thanks for the colorful ps.

cute.

5. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

6. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

interesting that they brought it back to 1.0 and not 1.1. since we will hit 1.2 by early september and since there have been huge improvments in moz speed since 1.1 i would have thought they would opt for the newer code. i guess 1.0 represents a stable code base though.