Chimera Multi Tabs?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacAztec, Nov 20, 2002.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Yea, I just downloaded the most recent Chimera Nightly Build, and when I started it, it had a "Mac News Tab" bookmark.

I clicked it, and it opened a window with 3 tabs; each was a different page about macintosh news.

Is it possible to create my own "Multi-Tab" bookmark? I would like to have one with MacRumors, SpyMac, DealMac, and VersionTracker.

And so far, Chimera is awesome!

2. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

This is definitely something I want, too. Click a bookmark and up pops a window with MacRumors, Slashdot, Salon and the NYTimes. Nice.

Taft

3. Centris Fan macrumors newbie

When you have the tabs you want open, click add page to bookmarks and you should see a box in the lower corner to "bookmark all tabs."

4. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Thank you, Centris Fan! You have just opened up a whole new world of browsing! I had always thought the check box for the tabs meant that the tabs would be added individually to the bookmarks. I never had any idea that they would be saved as tabs!

Much appreciation!

Dan

5. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Centris....

But can I make the bookmark show in the little quick browsing menu thing.

You know, where you put sites that you visit alot...under the back, forward, reload buttons?

6. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Got it!

Ok, you open all the pages you want to be on the bookmark (open them in tabs) and then go to the one you want to be the first one you see when you click the book mark.

Then, go to "BookMarks", then "Add Page to BookMarks". From there, if you want the bookmark in the toolbar, there is a menu and select the toolbar. Then check the box on the bottom that says include tabs, or whatever it says.

This is GREAT!

7. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Re: Centris....

Open up your sidebar (or hit Command-B, or goto Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks->Show Bookmarks Sidebar). There, you can put your bookmarks under the Toolbar Bookmarks folder and they will show up in your toolbar.

Taft

8. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Oh yeah...

This rocks!!! This is EXACTLY what I've always wanted Chimera to do and it was under my nose the entire time. Woo-hoo!!!

Taft

9. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

My settings

This is what my toolbar looks like...and when I click MacTabs, I get this:

10. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Just in case anyone is interested, multi-tab bookmarks are also available in Mozilla.

11. chrisfx811 macrumors regular

great info for me.. thx. one question though when clicking on mac news folder all 3 tabs popped up. however when clicking on my custom folder in toolbar it then pops a menu to select one of the websites. is there any way i can just click the first folder and have all my websites in that folder pop up into their respective tabs