Chimera Navigator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sparkleytone, May 15, 2002.

1. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

Looks like even Apple has a new favorite browser :) Check out the dock, this is from the new XServe presentation, and those of us who are Chimera diehards will have plenty to smile about.

[​IMG]

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

A good bit of press for Chimera. It really is looking better and better with every build. I can't wait til it reaches v1.0. Until then, I think I'll stick with my beloved OmniWeb.

3. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Chimera rocks! I can't wait to see version one although we are still at 0.2.7...it hasn't updated in a while...Ii wonder whats going on there..

4. trinitishwar macrumors member

Hella cool! :) I think apple should put some resources into helping the project along. This is at least an indication that it has gotten some attention from the powers that dwell within the RDF.

5. j763 macrumors 6502a

As soon as they get a couple of things worked out (proxy auth and d/l manager) i'll be using chimera full-time. In the meantime, I'm sticking with ie (expecting flames for this one :D)...

Compared with when they were putting updates out once every 3 days, Chimera's releases have slowed down a lot... I'm constantally checking their page for updates though...

6. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i have a feeling its just been that Dave Hyatt got sucked in to Morrowind, as he blogs on mozillazine on a frequent basis. After he first got it, his blogs disappeared for a while.

7. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I actually think this might be one of the problems with Chimera. It has *huge* potential, but if its only being worked on by a couple of guys in their spare time, it might be slow going.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Taft

8. palala macrumors member

Download from Apple

Has anyone else noticed that when you download Chimera, its from an iDisk? Kinda cool.