Chimera text stuffed

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mmmdreg, Sep 20, 2002.

1. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

In chimera, the text frequesntly appears as a series of random vertical lines on seemingly random words...they appear normal if I highlight them with the mouse but yeah..its annoying...help?

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

It might show up looking normal in the pic, but Im just guessing, so try anyways. I would delete, and then reinstall the latest nightly build of chimera. That doesnt happen on mine, or anyone else's to my knowledge.

3. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

here is a pic

Attached Files:

4. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i often have a problem with portions of text disapearing in chimera (sometimes flickering on and off depending on what i'm doing). i think that there are still several bugs to be worked out in getting the gecko rendering fully quartz compliant. keep in mind, it's only on .5

if you need really detailed info, go straight to the source: http://chimera.eternaltedium.com/

5. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

99.9999999% of all text rendering issues I ever had with Chimera were fixed by Jaguar. If you aren't running Jaguar, thats already one big setback, but it seems that pretty much everyone on these boards already is.