china daily: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi reportedly arrested in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 4, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Odd source: let's see what Reuters etc come up with...

If true, he is a dead man walking... I wonder exactly how many people want a piece of him and the political tussle that may ensue.

Who knows what effect this may have on the 'insurgents', but this is significant news, regardless of your opinions of the war & subsequent occupation...

Also: Conveniently timed for the upcoming elections in Iraq. Hmmm...

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Doesn't seem to have been picked up by anyone else yet. If true, will it make any difference?

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    interestingly enough, i went to the quoted source "al-Bayane" and could not find the story that is being referenced. and none of the majors are running with the story either.

as big as a catch as he is, the u.s. would be tooting it's horn pretty loudly by now. i'm very skeptical...

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

January surprise?

I hope it's true. I doubt it, but I hope it's true. Contrary to what neo-cons say, Bush-haters are actually against terrorists. That's why we hate him, because he is so ineffectual against the real threats. Here's hoping he got lucky and this makes things better for our troops.

Yes... I'm even for the troops, too :eek: (unlike a certain 2-faced administration).

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Maybe this would explain it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4157261.stm