Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Im starting to hate the case I love the most :rolleyes:
I may just have a contest on Monday and there will be 3 winners and each will get a case for $20, 1st place gets a choice of blk, brn or red and 2nd place gets next choice and 3rd gets whats left, and they can do their own review..
but you need to live in the US, unless you wanna pay shipping, sorry
Anyone game??

Actually it's my favorite iPad folio.

kevikevdottcom

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Actually it's my favorite iPad folio.

Mine too and believe me i can use a different one everyday for the next 2 years right now... one must really see it in person, i will have to say after i seen the video the holes did stand out when you held it up in the light but in normal light they look like dotts, i have cleaned mine after an accidental spillage of a carmal frap,, and the lint and dirt i havent had any issues if i do pick up some i find that i can just brush it right off with my fingers, I did see some on the case in the video, but i find that cameras seem to pick up more than the human eye or im just in need of some new glasses...

Kobra

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
...finnally it stays closed well with out closures, it had been discussed about a small piece of velcro however velcro gets nasty and magnets would add bulk and size.
I'd love to see a closing system like they use on the Moleskin notebooks (elastic band). It doesn't add any weight or bulk and it doesn't interfer with the compass.

I will most likely get me one of these cases, will you update your ebaylisting when you have the new version without the holes? Also, can't you ask Chinao to remove the logo on the front, I hate to wear corporate branding...

Kobra

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
I may just have a contest on Monday and there will be 3 winners and each will get a case for $20, 1st place gets a choice of blk, brn or red and 2nd place gets next choice and 3rd gets whats left, and they can do their own review..
Anyone game??
Ooh, me, me, me... I'm game, though I live in outside of US :)

kevikevdottcom

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
I'd love to see a closing system like they use on the Moleskin notebooks (elastic band). It doesn't add any weight or bulk and it doesn't interfer with the compass.

I will most likely get me one of these cases, will you update your ebaylisting when you have the new version without the holes? Also, can't you ask Chinao to remove the logo on the front, I hate to wear corporate branding...

The Logo stays thats just the way it is, maybe we should all remove are Apple logos at the same time?
i have a case that i sell for $24 its better leather that the Yoobao's i sell it for a whopping $35 but people buy the Yoobao name even though the no name case is Cow leather not pig skin like the Yoobaos ,, please understand

I wish we could start calling the holes vents,,, holes is such i very annoying word to me right now. I have holes in my boxers i have holes in my socks i have holes in my jeans, ect ect ect,,,,,,, the case dosent have holes it has vetalation ports,,,

Everyone that has had this case loves it and have no complaints, but everyone that has not held this case or seen it in person hates it,

Good Night

Kobra

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
The Logo stays thats just the way it is, maybe we should all remove are Apple logos at the same time?
i have a case that i sell for $24 its better leather that the Yoobao's i sell it for a whopping $35 but people buy the Yoobao name even though the no name case is Cow leather not pig skin like the Yoobaos ,, please understand

I wish we could start calling the holes vents,,, holes is such i very annoying word to me right now. I have holes in my boxers i have holes in my socks i have holes in my jeans, ect ect ect,,,,,,, the case dosent have holes it has vetalation ports,,,

Everyone that has had this case loves it and have no complaints, but everyone that has not held this case or seen it in person hates it,

Good Night
I'm amazed about your tone in all of your answers, I'd expect more from a salesperson. I'm also amazed that you say that I hate the case, have I said so? No. Regarding the "ventilation ports", I don't think the iPad needs any as my iPad never gets hot.

Good Night! :mad:

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York

Good Night

Why call them ventilation ports when the iPad has no vents intended for cooling. These 'vent' holes are not located at any point of known hot/warm spots on the iPad I know of. :confused:

If they were there to actually cool the iPad somehow, or moisture control as you alluded to earlier, then the case would have to have some sort of gap/space between it and the ipad to allow air movement. Right?

This is a pretty sleek and functional case. I actually like it and am on the fence of adding it to an ever growing collection, but to try and explain how these perforated holes are functional in any way is like flogging a dead horse. Aesthetic looking is a stretch, someones misconceived design is more like it.

They(holes) really are not that big of a distraction. You should have just stuck to that thought like you originally started off doing before getting all caught-up trying to come up with some explanation of why they are there.

You seem to be upfront with everyone, honest and a great ebayer. Stick to those great attributes.

iThinman

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Some serious nit picks itt.

I don't care about the holes, vents, or whatever else you want to call them. I don't spend my days looking at the back of my iPad (or anything else I own). "dust will get in there!!!!", "there no space for venting!!". lol, which is it?

lol, it's like a microcosm of apple customers nose in the air attitude, right here in this very thread.

Quick, someone send a link to the smithsonian!

Medexten

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Anyone game??

I'm down for the contest too. I like the design of the apple case, but the material they used leaves much to be desired. So I think the Chinao could be a nice improvement/fun to review...

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
I'm amazed about your tone in all of your answers, I'd expect more from a salesperson. I'm also amazed that you say that I hate the case, have I said so? No. Regarding the "ventilation ports", I don't think the iPad needs any as my iPad never gets hot.

Good Night! :mad:

I think his answers are tongue in cheek rather than rude. I have ordered one via his ebay account and had a few queries and he has been very helpful.

As for the holes - yeah they aren't ideal but from the video review this is the best under £50 case I have seen yet - holes or no holes.

Rengoku

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
This is the perfect type of case for me. But since I'm in Canada, $70 (incl shipping) for a case like this is too much imo. Hopefully theres a Canadian reseller soon..:(

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
and the holes im sorry if your taking that the wrong way, they have a puppose as well, they help it breath so moisture doesnt get trapped and it sweats inbetween and causes the stinch that will occure because of the slight heat while charging for a prolong time...

That means moisture will get in through the holes too.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
they stink its the first case i opened up and put back in the box and never tried out,, and the new slim stinks some as well at least the sample one i got, it was enough for me to say bye bye to my friends at Yoobao..

I hate things that smell.... the gas company guy thought i was nuts once when i called in a gas leak. Took his sniffer 30 minutes to find the leak - not me, had it pegged in 30 seconds!

i'm still trying to decide for the kid. She's going to end up with a new Apple one because hers is splitting, but I don't know if i should just let her wear that out THEN get her something else or what... i'm still pondering!

kevikevdottcom

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
I hate things that smell.... the gas company guy thought i was nuts once when i called in a gas leak. Took his sniffer 30 minutes to find the leak - not me, had it pegged in 30 seconds!

i'm still trying to decide for the kid. She's going to end up with a new Apple one because hers is splitting, but I don't know if i should just let her wear that out THEN get her something else or what... i'm still pondering!

well one thing is for sure we will all wind up with alot of cases when its all over,,,because there never good enough so everytime we buy one we want something better and then the the new ipad comes out and we need to start over and thats the "Hole" Truth... the sad part is ill have a "Hole" bunch of cases left..

Well i just shipped my first red CHINAO case to Florida so you do have one in Hole lywood Florida now,,, you can look at:cool:

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
well one thing is for sure we will all wind up with alot of cases when its all over,,,because there never good enough so everytime we buy one we want something better and then the the new ipad comes out and we need to start over and thats the "Hole" Truth... the sad part is ill have a "Hole" bunch of cases left..

Well i just shipped my first red CHINAO case to Florida so you do have one in Hole lywood Florida now,,, you can look at:cool:

Ahhh but see, I let everyone shop and buy and learn from their research.

I've only bought the Speck Candyshell (for $35) for myself - and I have a 2nd one they sent me when the first arrived all scratched up, and my daughter's Dad and I bought her the Apple Case.

So i'm behind the 8 ball in the spending area - but i'm in the process of a nasty divorce and don't have much extra money at the moment, so at least i have an excuse.

Too bad I don't live near Hole-lywood FL to go check it out! Hmmm, road trip? :D

(ok, you think the holes are bad - the 14yo just walked in here to do some school work and is now off to find a different ponytail holder because "i don't like this one" - what, it is holding your hair right???? :rolleyes:)

kevikevdottcom

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Ahhh but see, I let everyone shop and buy and learn from their research.

I've only bought the Speck Candyshell (for $35) for myself - and I have a 2nd one they sent me when the first arrived all scratched up, and my daughter's Dad and I bought her the Apple Case.

So i'm behind the 8 ball in the spending area - but i'm in the process of a nasty divorce and don't have much extra money at the moment, so at least i have an excuse.

Too bad I don't live near Hole-lywood FL to go check it out! Hmmm, road trip? :D

(ok, you think the holes are bad - the 14yo just walked in here to do some school work and is now off to find a different ponytail holder because "i don't like this one" - what, it is holding your hair right???? :rolleyes:)

No i have no problem with the design/holes whatever you wana call them, you see the case is what i love,,, its thin its lighwieght and is confortable to hold.. thats what i look for in a case this one has all of that plus it looks great.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
No i have no problem with the design/holes whatever you wana call them, you see the case is what i love,,, its thin its lighwieght and is confortable to hold.. thats what i look for in a case this one has all of that plus it looks great.

No no, i meant you think people complaining about the holes is bad... i have this girl that is complaining about the thing holding her hair back.

I actually said to her, "you can't see it - what do you care?" (similar to the, "the holes are on the back, do you look at the back" thinking! :D).

Alas, I have her typing her work into iHomework now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.