Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adudeinblue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I got a mini iPad as a gift a while back from work and I was originally planning to give that to my parents and keep using my first generation iPad. But they are having trouble reading from the smaller screen and was discouraged by it and did not want to learn to use a touch screen device.

I was hoping anyone would recommend any Chinese app. I am going to give them the first gen iPad because the resolution is the same. but bigger screen should help them and I was hoping some good recommended Chinese apps would further encourage them learn how to use the iPad.

They are relatively old traditional Chinese who can read both simplified and traditional Chinese. I was originally planning to book mark their favorite Chinese news sites but can't generally think of any famous Chinese apps. It can vary from news, games, to streaming services. If it requires a membership or monthly payment, I would consider paying it.

I also going to convert the whole iOS into Chinese as well. I hope there isn't any kind of comparability between different language iOS and apps.
Thanks in advance!

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
Start with the classics, such as poems and novels, short stories by Lu Xun etc.

There are lots of great flashcard programs to memorize hanzi, and dictionaries that speak or have stroke order animations.

opncdu

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
Many apps support multiple languages, if you can read Chinese then you can switch app store to China pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.