Chinese Input?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by herbiehancock00, Sep 26, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Now that the iPad is officially available in China and Hong Kong, any updates on Chinese input?

2. macrumors G3

Night Spring

It has input for simplified Chinese, but not for traditional. Wonder how that is going to go over in Hong Kong...

3. macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Maybe with 4.2? There is mention of more keyboards coming, but no mention of specifics beyond Arabic, Greek, and Hebrew. Source

4. macrumors 68000

Could anyone who has installed 4.2 take a look? seems odd that Apple would just overlook this issue. Huge user base in Taiwan and Hong Kong. Wouldn't even be surprised if Taiwan / Hong Kong surpassed the number of units sold in the PRC.

5. macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

AFAIK none of the new keyboard layouts have been included in the first beta - at least I have not found any information or posts anywhere that say so.

6. macrumors regular

Forgot to check back in this thread--Traditional Chinese is indeed in iOS 4.2! I had hoped & expected this to happen (since it's been on every generation of the iPhone) so I'm definitely glad Apple did not disappoint.

Just finished updating so I can add some screen shots in a bit if needed.