Chocolate addict

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ok, I'm a chocolate addict. I can't get enough of the stuff, and it doesn't even have to be good, fancy chocolate. The regular stuff is also quite good.

What's your favourite?

To me, there's nothing better than lightly toasted bread with Nutella spread on it. Too much Nutella isn't good though. If I want lots of Nutella, I just get more bread to make sure I don't put too much on one piece of bread.

Oh, and then there's the usual dark chocolate. I get organic dark chocolate at the food co-op I volunteer for, and mmmmm..... Green and Black's is ok too, although pricier and only arguably better than the cheaper brand (forgot the name, sadly).

Anyway, got to go brush the chocolate out of my teeth before going to bed. :eek:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

It just has to be dark choccie, min 60% cocoa solids. Lindt. Green & Blacks... all good. And white chocolate? Not deserving of the name.

Best chocolate I've ever tasted? From their Mayfair shop.
    http://www.chocolate.co.uk

3. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No, white chocolate is simply not chocolate for me. It's like a different species, and shouldn't be put in the same category.

And 60% is far too low. Too little cocoa, and too much fat and other stuff. I like the 70% stuff, although 85% is also very good (but not to everyone's tastebuds).

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I like dark chocolate, but I absolutely LOVE white chocolate. :eek:

I have a good friend who was a real chocoholic, to the point where she felt it was a problem. She read somewhere that people who craved chocolate often lacked protein in their diets, and sure enough, when she started using a powdered protein supplement (she was a vegetarian, and not very good about creating a balanced diet), the craving for chocolate disappeared.

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am stating the obvious; but, is it not make you fat by eating too much chocolate? The calorie counts are quite high (over 200 easily?) for a few nibbles.
    Is there a low fat, no sugar, 1 calorie chocolate available in the market?

6. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I dont eat much chololate, i dont like it that much.

7. bartelby macrumors Core

8. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

You people are broken.

White hot chocolate? Oh my god. With the sweetness and the basic pleasure.

*curses moving away from Ithaca*

9. bartelby macrumors Core

White chocolate is nasty. Far too sweet and sickly for me...

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

used to like a few regular chocolate bars, got bored of them. Discovered Lindor with a Boots Meal Deal and it lit up my life. My cousin brings over some kind of organic chocolate from Germany (probably started life in Belgium) and it's simply divine. Been spoiled away from the Cadbury's of the world now :eek:

11. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    That's why going for one with a really high cocoa % is better. There's less fat and sugar. Plus it tends to be so rich that it's harder to eat too much of it.

I'm a big fan of Rococo's chocolate - their flavours are amazing, especially the black pepper and the java mocha one. Just enough to bring out the flavour of the dark chocolate rather than overpowering it.

Has anyone tried the new Gü chocolate icecream? Comes in beautiful packaging - little cube of black polystyrene with a peel-top saying 'Ü enjoy' - and tastes amazing!

12. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

I always used to love white chocolate, but now it's the good old milk chocolate, I prefer the mars (i.e. galaxy type) to the cadbury's (i.e. dairy milk type).

13. hotboiled macrumors member

:eek: :( i can't eat chocolate
    if i eat 1 tiny bit of chocolate i get a MEGA migraine attack

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I am a chocolate addict. I'm not suppose to eat much of it because it triggers migraines for me but I don't care..Its too damn good to give up

I gotta have my chocolate fix baby!

Bless

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

16. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I heard cocoa contains anti-oxidant which is said to prevent the cancer causing cell mutation. It is good to know there is chocolate with very low sugar, fat, and calorie. I especially don't like sugar. So, is high-cocoa-content chocolate only available online? I have not seen any of those high end (I believe high-cocoa-content chocolate is considered to be a high-end of the product line) chocolate at the regular supermarkets.
    Is Godiva considered high-cocoa-content chocolate?

17. bartelby macrumors Core

18. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Is that a known medical issue for some people? I have never heard chocolate causes headache. But, I heard nose bleeding (I used to get that when I was a little kid when I ate a little too much chocolate behind my parents).

19. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I'm in NYC Metro region (not in Manhattan; but near that vicinity).

20. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I'm addicted... i like any thing from ice cream to cookies to cakes and cookies

21. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Nope... my local supermarket carries several varieties including the above mentioned Green & Blacks, Rococo, Lindt. But it probably depends on the supermarket - Waitrose is relatively high-end ;)

Bear in mind that you're looking for dark chocolate with a cocoa solid % of at least 70%. Godiva should have some bars that meet that criteria. And it's a bit of an acquired taste since it can be so overpowering that your toes curl.

22. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I saw Lindt at my local supermarkets (it was in 6 choco balls in one pack). When I checked the product content label, I have not seen cocoa content percentage info on that label though. I see the regular content info according to FDA rules. If I recall correctly, Lindt chocolate's calorie per unit was quite high (like 100 calories per chocolate).

When my associate from Belgium came here, he gave me the box of Godiva chocolate. I did not feel it had a high cocoa content.

23. bartelby macrumors Core

24. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Godiva and Lindt make lots of different types of chocolate. The typical gift boxes/balls/shapes are most likely to be milk chocolate and although they're likely to have more cocoa in them than Hersheys/Cadburys etc, they're not what we're talking about here.

If you want to try high cocoa chocolate, you need to go looking for dark stuff. It will promote its level of cocoa if it's above 65% or so since it's a selling point.

25. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer