Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bLiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
usa
Is there any way to do this? Sometimes I'm just itching to hear a certain song, but then I'd like iTunes to continue playing party shuffle so I just don't have to think about keeping the music going while I work.

Ideas? :)

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Could you just play from your library (with random on) instead of Party Shuffle, if you're just looking to start with one specific song and then let iTunes choose the rest? What is the need for Party Shuffle in this scenario?

bLiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
usa
I suppose that works but I usually do the little trick of making a smart playlist that includes only 3-5 star rated songs and I use party shuffle for that.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I guess I still don't see where Party Shuffle has to enter the equation. Why not just play from that playlist, with random on? Am I missing something? I apologize if I am.

glennp

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
Washington, DC
>Choose song to start Party Shuffle

In iTunes , right-click the song and choose "Play Next in Party Shuffle".

As long as no song is currently playing, that'll start you off.

bLiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
usa
Woah I never even noticed that option was there -- thank you glennp! Tobe to answer your question, it's because I have a massive library and they're actually for the most part all rated, and I have the "Play higher-rated songs more often" option turned on (I should have specified that earlier) and I use this all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.