Choose your religion!

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Nov 21, 2002.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Yeah yeah, it's gimmicky but it's kinda fun.

I'm a Neo-pagan.[​IMG]

click

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i think ive done this before under another website.

i was protestant something or other... (quaker or some crap).

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Tested and according to it I'm a Mahayana Buddhism.

My personal belief is not in the power that resides within everything. Simply a spirit of the Universe per se. Also non violence is very important.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Very interesting - don't know what it all really means though - I had a 95% (#4) for Neo-Pagan, even though I don't believe in more than one God, very weird. And Jehovah's Witness came in last, ha!

D

5. Goblin2099 macrumors member

6. ChicagoMac macrumors regular

Very interesting... I didn't have to take the test to know what I am (Christian) since I do know what I believe. It saddens me that most people don't know WHY they believe what they say they believe. Our beliefs have turned into a bunch of pluralistic slop where whatever you say you believe is what is true. It really is sad.

As far as the test goes, I think some of the questions should be reworded since some of them assume too much.

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

got the orthodox quaker 100%.

odd. dat ain't what i am!

8. sturm375 macrumors 6502

Just like the last time:

Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)

9. diorio macrumors 6502a

Me too, that and the liberal quaker. My true religion was number 10, but it was still interesting to see.

10. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

You are putting way too much importance on this test. Most of us are taking it just for fun. I know what my real beliefs are and don't need a test to tell me. By the way the test wasn't that far off for me.

11. diorio macrumors 6502a

It was kind of interesting to see what the little test would say, but it was pretty far off for me. I don't know if this means I shouldn't be in the religion I am but hopefully I find a religion to fit my beliefs.

12. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

13. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

At your age I would definitely find out who you are first. I didn't really have or care about a religion just a few years ago but I knew what I stood for. Eventually that belief formed into a personal religion. If you are good and you do good you have nothing to worry about.

14. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I'm 100% Neo-Pagan... I am SUPPOSED to be Hindu, which came in #3 at 93%....

I dunno. This stuff is very very complicated...

irmongoose

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Christian 4 C's Important, whatever religion you choose to be tolerant of others!

16. Kethoticus macrumors 6502

Kethoticus

After cutting through a dozen pop-ups, I found out that I was everything from neo-pagan to Orthodox Jew. And here I am thinking I was a born-again Christian. Heh... whaddoo I know?

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This means almost nothing - its a survey on the *web*!!!! Come on! :rolleyes:

If you're going to make a life changing decision based on this info you seriously need to rethink a few things. Don't let it bother you that you didn't get the religion you currently are at worship for. Think of it as a interesting look at all religions and your beliefs in general.

D

18. ChicagoMac macrumors regular

As I said, you need to know why you believe what you believe. Most of us know why we believe Mac is better than PC. How much more should we know about something that effects every aspect of our lives?

I personally do not take the test that seriously because I already know what and why I believe. The outcome was no surprise. For those of you who took the test and then wonder if you should be what the test says, you are silly. I'm not going to argue religions because I know it would go nowhere, but you need to find the truth.

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Agreed, this shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I'm 100% New Age, I guess. I read the description. It's close, but definitely not 100%. I just call myself agnostic.

Religion IMO is a very personnal, spiritual thing.

20. Groovsonic macrumors regular

Hmm... I think I know why everyone (including me) is coming up with quaker. My friend used to be quaker, and they are universalist, so they believe everyone is ok, but being quaker is preferred. I am my #2, mainline to conservitive protestant. I am Pentecostal, so I guess thats right. Intersting....

21. Chomolungma macrumors regular

22. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Mainline to Conservative Christian 100% at that. jeff, mcrain, what do you think dead on accurate?

;)

23. MisterBlack macrumors member

24. diorio macrumors 6502a

Duke I know it is just a speculation based on twenty questions. Of course I'm not going to make any life changing decsions based on a survey where every page had 5 pop up adds. I am just considering my religion and where I belong. That's all. Thanks for the concern though. If I were going to base my life on an internet survey, I would be as stupid as some of my posts in the political threads.;)

25. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I got Unitarian Universalism (100%) with Theravada Buddhism (95%) coming in second. My lowest was Jehovah's Witness.