Choppy Quicktime playback on "matrix" trailer

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by WannabeSQ, Mar 5, 2003.

1. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2002
    I can't watch the trailer at all, due to its choppyness, like one frame every 5 seconds. I checked out CPU usage at the same time and there was still some idle CPU there, so it is not that I am maxing my system, and have plenty of free ram according to Topmonitor. What is going on?

My system is as follows
    G4 500
    768mb ram
    OSX 10.2.4
    Programs running are konfabulator, VNC, iChat, Safari, and Quicktime (whatever the newest version is)

DVDs work just fine, even a DVD Video_TS folder i Ripped with DVD Backup. I have also tried it on different hard drives, but not yet on the system drive. I have tried it with nothing else running. What is wrong with my system?
  2. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I get the same thing when I'm trying to watch quicktime movies. I basically have to quit everything to watch them and they still are choppy.

I have a ibook 500 640 MB ram
  3. Gus macrumors 65816

Jan 1, 2002
    I really think it's the trailer, not your machine. I have had the same problems with that trailer, too. If anyone gets a real answer, I'd like to know too.

4. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

May 4, 2002
    Go Vegan
    Well that happens to me with the X-Men 2 trailer.... I just wait till it finishes loading, and save it to my desktop. Then it works fine to me,
  5. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2001
    DeKalb, IL
    are you watching the "Ultra" 1024x768 version of the teaser trailer?

Running at that high of a res, with a file size of 68.2 MB, you're gonna need a pretty speedy system, and all the CPU and RAM you can get.

Anyways, I've got a 450 MHz G3, and all of the trailers work fine on my system, except for the "Ultra" version.

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    I'm fine but I have cable so I always download ultra. Slight choppyness but nothing stoping me from watching at all.