Chris Bliss Juggling

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Doctor Q, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

An amazing performance of juggling to music by entertainer Chris Bliss (set volume before clicking).

You can see the video on a few sites. This is the main one: link

You can also find it at youtube or sonnyradio.

I can juggle three objects (tennis balls, oranges, etc.), not to mention juggling family and career and MacRumors, but Chris Bliss can really keep them going. And keep time to music!

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Juggling is really cool. I have a friend who can juggle really well, not quite on that level, but his focus is bounce-juggling, which is awesome to watch. He also juggles fire. :D

In the real world of juggling Michael Moschen (wikipedia) is considered to be one of the most influential/creative/best jugglers of all time. If you've ever seen him in performance, you know what I'm talking about.

He lives somewhat nearby my town, and I know his daughter. :p

Edit: Just found the movies on his site...seriously watch some of these :) http://www.michaelmoschen.com/press.html

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Ok, I'm fairly indifferent to juggling, but that was frelling awesome... :eek: :D :cool: <-- See another 3 smilies reaction...

4. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

As an avid juggler myself I think I may have had friends email me this thing about a bazillion times. I am quite amazed at how he has gotten so much attention for what isn't really that hard of a routine. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of better juggling videos out there. Here is a nice parody of it (with 5 balls) for you all to enjoy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYUXaYCkv-A&search=jason garfield

5. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

There is only one way to settle the differences of opinion between unklesteve (5-ball parody) and Chris Bliss (3-ball original): we'll have to arrange a Juggle-Off™!

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Am I the only one that thought that sounded a bit naughty...? :eek:

And it's something completely different to do something on stage in front of a live audience then in a more or less empty gym. And even if the 5 ball juggler is more technical the humour and originality of Chris Bliss' performance is still much more impressive... IMO... :)

7. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Jason Garfield (the guy in the parody) is the head of the World Juggling Federation and has competed on ESPN and ESPN2. I think it's safe to say he can handle it in front of an audience. The only problem that Garfield has is that he is a very bitter and arrogant individual.

http://www.jasongarfield.com/ and http://www.jasongarfield.com/pennradio.html

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Yet, he doesn't do it this time... ;)

9. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Wow, that's really impressive, imagine how much he had to practice!

10. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I can juggle...just not that good. I used to be about to get 4 going pretty good, but without practice, I can only do 3 pretty good now.

11. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

That five-ball routine is amazing. I'd have to agree with the posters who say the first video is only so-so. I'm not a very good juggler and I can do most of those tricks -- maybe not for four minutes with no drops, but with a few weeks practice, I bet I could come pretty close.

12. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Having the topic of juggling come up caused me to open a can of tennis balls and put in a little practice time.

I'm trying to master throwing a ball from behind my back. Actually, that part is easy, but I'm still having a little trouble catching it!