Chrismas sales on Apple?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Prabz, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Prabz macrumors member

Sep 25, 2003
    Meri PHILLY meri jaan!
    Hey there!, u wonderful, amazing macrumors community!
    First of all THANKS a Gazilion for being so helpful, considerate and prompt in answering questions, solving problems and deftly guiding us newbies through our concerns et al.

YOU'RE THE BEST(est)!!!! :p

That said, let me proceed with my post.. First of all I'm thinking of buying a Powerbook G4 (1.25 GHz) sometime before I graduate from college next May. Yea... I know I'm thinking waay ahead ;) ...but see I'm in a dilemma. These "back to school" promos offered by apple and the resellers only happen around fall every year. But what about the Chrismas season? Does anyone know if there are any holiday-season discounts on apple products (in general?) If yes, then which do u think would work out cheaper?

Secondly, do u guys think its a good idea to wait now and buy later thinking there *might* be an upgrade (or a price drop) in the lotops by end april or just buy now and take advantage of the "back 2 school" discount?

Furthermore, I've never had a mac (or a PC) of my own and I've been waiting patiently for 3 years while surviving on the macs at my school labs (mind you that I'm majoring in Graphic Design... so I practically LIVED in the labz!) But looking back I dont regret having made that decision, as there are some kickass systems out now :rolleyes: at a fraction of the price!!!

Oh and one more question: does anyone know of any good websites besides to purchase cheap software like adobe photoshop/ indesign/illustrator and flash? yea... Ofcourse i could bum off software from my friends once I have my *own* mac---but hey! I think I should stop livin' the sad sad life of a homeless bum.

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    i wouldn't count on price drops ... the powerbooks are brand new and looks pretty sweet if you want you'll be happy you got one now waiting sucks then again i have no patience
  3. cypher macrumors member

Sep 28, 2003
  4. Richter macrumors member

Sep 22, 2003
    Re: Chrismas sales on Apple?
  5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    Re: Re: Chrismas sales on Apple?

these don't have free shipping, though, do they?