Christian Bale is the New Batman!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Waluigi, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Waluigi macrumors 6502

So, Batman fans, what say you?

Source

--Waluigi

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

He is gonna need some serious buffing up to becoming batman.

Besides a chane looking less like he wants to impress girls.

:(

3. frescies macrumors regular

Still mad....

I'm still pissed that Warner Bros. ever kicked Tim Burton off the franchise.

4. jadariv macrumors regular

Re: Still mad....

Yeah, I'm more interested in the director than who plays batman. Although, of the actors I heard were up for the role, I think Bale was the best pick.

I hope it is a dark movie with less of the quirkiness of Burton's movies.

But none of the CG fighting stuff that they used in Daredevil, Matrix Reloaded and Spider-Man.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I hope you're not comparing him to Michael Keaton or Val Kilmer.

Did you see Christian in Reign of Fire or American Psycho?

6. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

I'm still disappointed that Aronofsky is not attached to the project. Nolan I think is one of the most overrated new directors out there. "Memento" was admittedly pretty entertaining, but of course, it has no replay value whatsoever. The remake of "Insomnia" wasn't half as good as the original. Of course, I'm not saying that Nolan is a bad director per se, it's just that, based on his current work, it doesn't seem like he can reach anywhere near the creativity level of Aronofsky.

Of course, I'm abslutlely positive that Nolan will do a FAR better job than Joel "I'm a mincing queen who can't direct worth crap" Schumacher.

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Yeah, Bale has a good physique...and he definitely has a dark quality that can go well for the Batman character.

That said, I think the rotating cast of leads has really hurt the franchise...no sense of continuity...

8. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Christopher Nolan is directing? Of Memento fame? That's kind of odd...

P-Worm

9. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

I liked Christian Bale in "Empire of the Sun" and "Equilibrium".

If you have not seen "Equilibrium", think of it as Brave New World meets The Matrix.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

As long as the movie is dark and is set in the 50's or whatever like in Tim Burton's Batman movies. Also, Batman should only be allowed to fight with his fists and his gadgets. All this "jumping off buildings" crap and landing on his feet is gay. GAY GAY GAY!!!!

11. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

Unless, after jumping off of a building, he lands on Robin, impaling the boy's ass with his *****, I wouldn't say that there's anything terribly homosexual about jumping off of buildings.

edit: my god, you can't say *****? It's a part of the male anatomy for christsake. It's a medical term. What do you want me to say, "wee wee"? There's absolutely nothing offensive about the word ***** (Note that I am not using the synonym that begins with a "c", I am using the standard term, beginning with a "p" :rolleyes: )

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

so true... Right now he isn't lean enough, he has a more short and wide stature which is opposite of the classical Batman.

I'm suprised they couldn't get a more known actor.

scem0

13. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Seriously, do you guys even know who he is?

He does not need to buff up...besides, it's all suit.

Attached Files:

14. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

Well, before "American Psycho", Bale was quite skinny, so they buffed him up for the role of the obsessively vain Patrick Bateman. Perhaps that's why he agreed to do his own sex scenes. Here's a promo photo from "American Psycho":

[​IMG]

15. Kid Red macrumors 65816

I think he can work. The biggest thing like mentioned above is the director. Tim ruled!!! WB sucked ass when they booted him and got that color neon loving corny ass king of one liner loving bad acting camp leader who can't direct Joel Shoemadderwackerone guy.

Side note- Equilibrium rocked!

16. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Have you guys seen some of Burtons recent movies??

Mars Attacks??? that was a terrible movie. Planet of the Apes? what a dissapointment. His last good movie was Edward Scissorhands.

17. frescies macrumors regular

What are you talking about?

Those movies were awesome! Maybe you didn't get it. They were paying homage to old movies and were basically his satiracal tributes to such. They were supposed to be jokes... jokes that take themselves seriously. If you've seen early science fiction movies you'd understand. Just like Sleepy Hollow was his tribute to the HAMMER flicks.

18. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

His last good movie was "Scissorhands"? You must be joking. "Ed Wood" is undoubtedly the best film that Burton has done, and "Batman Returns" is probably still Burton's most visually stunning picture. "Mars Attacks!" was intended to be a cheesy B-movie, and I believe it accomplished its task. "Sleepy Hollow" is a magnificently done picture - the control over color use in the film is exemplary.

The remake of "Planet of the Apes" is Burton's first and (at the moment) only bad movie.

19. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

DC Comix films are cursed.

It all began with the painfully two-dimensional Superman flix and has been all downhill since.

The Burton Batman films had the right look but lacked the proper grit.

You want the right director? Try ressurecting Kubrick and pairing him with James Cameron circa "Alien".

Here's some thoughts I've had for various characters:

•Bruce Wayne/ Batman (cast seperately):
    Harry Connick Jr./ Vin Diesel

This presents the proper dichotomy while keeping a similarity of features.

•Selina Kyle (Catwoman):
    Angelina Jolie

•Harvey Dent (Twoface):
    Denzel Washington

•Dr. Frieze: Christopher Walken

•Poison Ivy: Susan Sarrandon

•Joker: Mark Hamill (He was the best voice I've heard yet and he can do it in the flesh too.)

• Harley Quinne: Cameron Diaz

• Scarecrow: Steve Buscemi

And for the sake of silliness:

• Robin: Marshall Mathers

20. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I like Nolan. I thought Memento was a great movie and, IMO, it has more replay value than most movies. While watching it a 2nd time I picked up a lot more plot related actions by various characters that, on my first viewing, I wrote off as just actors doing their "business." I haven't scene the original Insomnia, but I thought Nolan's remake was good. Solid but not great. I love time Burton but his past few films have been lacking. I really wanted to like Mars Attacks but I just couldn't. Maybe give it another go sense it's been a few years. Sleepy Hollow was too much style and not enough substance. I enjoyed it and would probably watch it again but it seemed more like a "hollywood" film w/Burton's look rather than a Time Burton film. The characters and plot felt under-developed at times. And I wish Christopher Walken had more face time. ;) Planet of the Apes was utterly horrible. If I had to choose between Pearl Harbor and PotA I would probably just gouge my eyes out w/tooth picks. That thing was rushed w/a capital "R". A new end battle scene and ending were shot like a month before the movie's release date (which explains the nose dive in production value towards the end of the film). But this isn't all Burtons fault. Fox was f**king up the @ss and playing power games w/him. I don't think Burton will ever work w/Fox again.

anyway...

I'm excited to see the next Batman movie. I doubt they will be as good as the Burton/Keaton combo but my god they can't be any worse than "Batman & Robin."

Lethal

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Re: DC Comix films are cursed.

Ugh - not Vin Diesel.

1st off - He is way to big to be batman. Batman has lean muscles, Vin Diesel has bulgy muscles.

2nd off - vin diesel can't act as well as other who would be more adept to play the part.

3rd off - Batman doesn't have the same kind of voice as Vin Diesel. Vin Diesel sounds like hmmmmmmm...... john goodman with a cold or something. ;).

scem0

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We should give Christian Bale a chance and see how he does. Wonder why they didn't stick with Val Kilmer or George Clooney?

23. Ryoko macrumors newbie

ya

Christian Bale is the New Batman was actually a good choices

Simon Templeman could be the ideal Scarecrow

he was in the episode of Angel called Hell Bound

he plays a pyscho wiccan named Pavayne who came off very creepy

and you have to remember Scarecrow aka Jonathan Crane was
    a school professer before he became the scarecrow

Attached Files:

• 09.jpg
      09.jpg
      File size:
      19.7 KB
      Views:
  24. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm...nothing like digging up month old threads...

25. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Burton's never been able to tell a story well. He has a knack for off-beat visuals, but that's about it...