Christiana Mall DELAWARE

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by iPhone43, Jun 18, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Who else is meeting there? Anyone been before? What's it like?

I'll be there...

2. macrumors member

I will be there its a new store inside the mall I pre-ordered so I dont know what time I will be there at yet

3. macrumors member

Kyle23

I'll be getting off work at at 8am on launch day. I work on route 202 by the concord mall so I am going to try to buy one at the AT$T store about 1/2 mile from the mall. Thats where I bought my last 2 iPhones on launch day and never seen a line, and the employee's say they never have a line more then 10-20 people long. Good luck with the Apple store I have friends that work there who said the line for 3GS started at 3am..

4. macrumors member

I'll be there. I was in line during the 3GS launch at 6am and there were probably 40 people ahead of me. Wonder how ridiculous it's going to be this year. Does anyone know which door we are suppose to go through to get in line this year since they moved the Apple Store a bit down?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome to get a response on this so quick! Who knew so many people lived around here... haha.

I preordered mine @ Apple because I have a giftcard for there. So the line started at 3 AM last year? I heard they open the door right by Banana Republic and Anthropologie. Apparently they don't open the mall door until 6 AM. Do we just form a line outside?

Also, I have to upgrade a line that's not mine then switch the SIM over. Will Apple be able to do that? Normally it'd be easy with the SIM, but since it's micro-SIM...

I was thinking maybe 4 or 5 AM this year. Would love to hear advise and past experiences...

6. macrumors newbie

I'll be there. This is gonna be my first time getting the iPhone on launch day, what time do you think I should get there? And I did pre-order it.

adrianwd, i was wondering what door we have to use too but i was looking at the map and it would probably be either entrance 1 (by Anthropologie) or entrance 2 (by the Children's Place). I have to go to the Apple store tomorrow so I'll ask then.

7. macrumors member

During the 3GS they only opened the door by children's place and as time got close to 7 they moved up towards the food court hall and lined us up against the wall separating the people who pre-ordered and who didn't pre-order. I am thinking of heading there at 4AM possibly because I was at the door last year when arriving at 6AM and it was just for a 3GS. But if they tell you which door spread the word so we don't have to go driving around parking lots to figure out which door is the correct one lol

@iphone43, usually they don't swap out the sim cards because when i upgraded mine they just activated it through their computer and it came with a new sim card

8. macrumors newbie

Please forgive my newbie question. This is my first time going to a launch day (i wanted to just order online and have it shipped, but could only preorder). Will there be two lines you think? One for preorders and one for those just first come first serve? I only ask because I have a small window of time dropping my kids off that day. I was hoping the preorder folks can get in and out fairly quickly. The email I have says it will be held all day. I figure on getting there after 9:30am. So maybe this will quiet down by then.

Thanks!

9. macrumors member

At first it'll be one long line until it gets closer to 7AM. Then they will seperate the line into 2 lines. 1 being the pre-ordered line and the other for walk-ins

10. macrumors newbie

I'm considering going before work, and I have already told my boss I will be late for 8:30. How fast do you think the line will go with all the activations? I plan to arrive around 5am if I do go, so I'll no doubt have a sizeable line to deal with.

11. macrumors member

Activation for the 3GS for me took about 3 minutes. It was pretty fast probably because we are the first in the nation to get the iphone since being on the east coast:D

12. macrumors member

BrentT

I preordered an iPad and got there about 9:30 with a line of about 50 people ahead of me. At 10 am many more staff came out of the back and the speed really speeded up. By 10:30 there was practically no line.

I am thinking of waiting until 10 to get there with my pre-order. The store may open at 7 but I wonder if there will be enough staff to process the preorders? BTW: My reservation e-mail said to bring your social security number. Does that mean you just need to know the number, or do I need proof of the number?

13. macrumors newbie

I went to the apple store today and asked what door the line will be at in the morning and the guy said the entrance by Anthropologie (entrance 1).

And to add on to BrentT's question about SS #s, im in the family plan thing, do i need my SS # or the main person's?

14. macrumors member

Thanx. Good to know what entrance is the correct one now. No more playing musical entrances. As for the SS #. I believe you would need the SSN of the account holder of your plan. I am curious though of if you need the whole SSN or just the last 4 digits. Then again I don't remember them even asking me last time when I went to get my 3GS.

15. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone know if we get shirts? What'd they say? How many do they give out? Pictures from last year??

I believe you need the whole SSN if ordering a new line/account, and just the last four if you're upgrading. Just knowing the account holder's is fine - no need for the card.

I'm thinking 4 AM. Watch a movie for 2.5 hours and it'll go by quick. Does everyone just sit there, or is there music, etc?

Thoughts?

16. macrumors member

I'm also thinking of arriving at 4...n last time there was nothing. We just sat there and waited

17. macrumors newbie

My friend said that he called the apple store a few days ago to see what time he should get there (he didn't get a reservation, good luck with that) and the person on the phone said to get there really early because she heard that someone might be planning a tailgate party.... I don't know if this is actually happening but it would be nice

and today when i was at the store the employee said they will be handing out refreshments, but its probably just gonna be water or something

18. macrumors 6502

I heard that the Apple store moved since the last time I was there, about a year ago. Where is it now?

I wasn't able to get a reservation, so I'm going to try to be there for about 4-5.

19. macrumors member

Yea it moved but not very far. It's like right next to FYE. It's really huge. But good luck getting the phone

20. macrumors 65816

I reserved one but I work on call so i prob won't be able to make it there till after lunch probably think the line will be long around 2pm as I work at Dover afb?

21. macrumors member

Man that is a bit of a drive. But i'm pretty sure there will be a line for most of the day

22. macrumors 65816

Yea I'm tdy to Delaware or else I would have shipped it to my house so that store is the closest apple store

23. macrumors newbie

MikeyTree, if you didn't get a reservation I would get there earlier than 4 just in case because a lot of people might be coming to this store from PA and NJ because of the tax-free shopping, i know my cousin is planning to do that.

and there will probably be a line most of the day

24. macrumors member

BrentT

From Dover AFB to the mall will take less than an hour. If you have a reservation they are supposed to hold the phone until 1900. If it is like the first iPad day the lines should be shorter in the reserved line by the early afternoon. They will probably pick up after 1500 for those who have to work and then will come to get the phone.

Go Air Force!

25. macrumors member

I thought about showing up around 7-8. on 2g iphone day the phone launched at 6pm, I showed up at 7 and they had like a thousand left. On 3gs launch, I had a reservation, got there an hour later and the lines were barely lines.