Christiane Amanpour interupted on air in London.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Xtremehkr, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Link.

[​IMG]

Making this interview the most diverse array of viewpoints CNN has presented in the last 10 years.

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

All well and good to speak of "the truth about Iraq", but anyone who thinks pulling out of there would end terrist bombings is playing Cleopatra: De Queen of DeNial. This is a modern resumption of an age-old territorial expansion that started over a thousand years ago...

'Rat

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Really? Whose territory? Anyway, staying there ain't going to end anything, that's for sure.

4. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Yeah at this point we may as well secure the oil supply. We've invested almost a half trillion there already.

Let's hope that the next move is to do something about Terrorism.

Though I think that Blair is the only one actively working on that. Blair seems to understand how terrorists come about.

Besides, who is calling for a pullout, I thought the plan is to march on to Iran.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So, let me get this straight... the one who couldn't get a word in edgewise during the whole interview session was the one being interviewed, right? :rolleyes: :eek: :D

6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

skunk asks, "Really? Whose territory?"

Looks to me like whatever territory can be had. You can start with the unending efforts at genocide for Israel. Then, add in those areas in mainland Europe, England and Canada where there have been political efforts to establish Sharia in Islamic communities. You can see the results of the efforts in parts of Africa; Chad comes readily to mind.

In countries with a predominantly Moslem population, the effort seems to be toward a monoculture, with non-Moslems run off.

skunk, I dunno about what's "truth" as opposed to hearsay, but just for fun why don't you walk down the streets of Riyadh with a Bible in your hand, and report back?

:), 'Rat

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Don't think he would be around to report back :eek:

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'd say anyone suggesting that staying in Iraq is making us safer is the one living in a riverside apartment on deNile. How many more corners can we turn before we're just going in circles?

And as for the 'walking through Riyadh' comment, I'm sure you're not implying that one cannot dissent from the administration's approach to the WoT and yet still find hatred of Americans to be a serious issue. You think there aren't places in America where a Muslim (or even a Sikh mistaken for a Muslim) wouldn't be accosted if he/she walked down main street holding a Koran? And if there are, does that prove anything about all Americans?

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't want to speak for desertrat, but I think his point would be that intolerance and/or cultural arrogance isn't limited to one country or people, and certainly can't be ascribed solely to the US. At least that's the way I understood it. I'm sure he will clarify if he feels necessary.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hmm.. I didn't think the person to whom 'Rat was responding said anything resembling something that said he thought cultural arrogance and intolerance was only limited to our side... Could just be me though.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Yes, really. Whose territory is who grabbing? You think there's a Worldwide Muslim Conspiracy? Like the Jewish Bankers' Conspiracy? Like the Christian Missionary Conspiracy?

I don't believe you're not aware whose land was seized to create the State of Israel. Where do you think all those refugees come from? Allow those kind of conditions to persist, and you get whatever is coming to you.

Any successful efforts? I thought not.

Think of it like Utah.

I hold no brief for the Saudis. They wouldn't last a minute without US support, anyway.

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You're probably right, I was just poking my nose into a discussion I wasn't really following and drawing some conclusions myself. Maybe that was what I was wanting him to mean. :eek:

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I agree.
    :D

14. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry if I came off sounding like that was your opinion skunk, didn't want to speak for you either! :eek:

OK, I'm heading back to the dawghouse for a while.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

'Sokay. Woof to you, too. :)

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, don't let us chase you off. I like seeing you down here. Your input is certainly valued.

17. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

See, this is why I try to stay out of the Political Forum!
    But, when I hit new posts, it brings them up and I get tempted again.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

"Once a forum junkie, always a forum junkie". Remember, you've done the difficult bit: acknowledging that you have a problem.
    ;)

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm sorry, but that's impossible. If you turn enough corners, you'll be going in squares. Or maybe in rectangles, but never in circles.

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Nobody said anything about ninety degrees...

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You're Rumsfeld-ian logic is, once again, inscrutable. I'm sure you'd also remind me that any sign of strength on the part of the enemy is a sure sign of their desperation and imminent collapse. As is any sign of strength on our part as well.

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's rectangular thinking for you. Typical.

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Yes, that does leave the possibility of pentagrams, hexagons and octagons and the like. But never circles.

Just call me "Bernard."

24. diamond geezer macrumors regular

This coming from a country whose military is in almost every other country in the world. Who starts wars based on lies. The US has killed more civilians in the last few years than all "terrorist" attacks put together.

25. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

First off, is it just me or does the guy in the still-shot look like Steve Martin?

Back on topic, there might be a pullout on the horizon for the British. But this could be pure pravda.

Stateside, I wonder what the future holds here? I mean, recruitment is down, the troops are stretched thin, how does one fight without any muscle? The numbers (no matter how they are twisted and turned, flipped, etc., by the DC boys) reek of big-time problems in the very near future. And the chill wind is definitely morphing into a brisk gale...