Christians?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mrjamin, May 1, 2003.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

Is it me or are there a lot of Christians on this board? I think there's definately a higher percentage of mac-users amongst christians than compared to the rest of the computer using population, perhaps something to do with trying to be different?

Not trying to put anyone down here seeing as i'm a follower myself ;) make yourselves known!

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

First - I'm a Christian.

Second - Track record has shown that threads such as these have a tendency to get out of control. Lets please keep this civilized and not cause the thread to get shut down.

Thank You,

D

3. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Perhaps it's just that christians are by and large more successful (financially) than others (thanks to a certain je ne sais pas), enabling them to afford better computers, and that's why there are so many of them on this board.

;)
    edit: before anyone else misunderstands, that's a joke. There's no need to feel offended by it.

Anyway, I'm a christian, although I don't like to get involved in too many of the debates though. They're usually too heated.

4. mrjamin thread starter macrumors 65816

mrjamin

not really a debate, just wanted to find out how many christians visit this board regularly.

5. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

<---One of Hell's Angels. :D

Was raised Christian. Do not consider self Christian anymore. Just live by ethics and common sense.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm a Christian. I'm a follower of Jesus Christ. I read the Bible and pray daily!

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Christians?

hard to tell... I would guess the predominate religion in the US is Christianity, and this site is predominately visited by the united states population.

So, you're not going to gather any mac-specific info based on that.

arn

8. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Atheistic and bloody loaded, that's me, BTW I know lots of really poor christians who use PC's, can you imagine that, poor and a psychosoft slave?

My dad used to run a church computer club for all the old dears to get on the internet to their old buddies, but I know the vicar bought a Ti powerBook recently.:D

9. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I'm a Christian. I get my Mac from work though. I own a pc. Someday I want to buy a PowerMac, or a new ALbook:)

10. TonicAngel macrumors regular

I'm a Christian too and going to get a mac at the end of the month :D

11. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Raised Christian. Lost interest in it due to conflicting teaching. God is Everywhere. But you have to go to church on sunday.
    If he is everywhere just why the hell should i have to go to specific place. Ahh nevermind that thats just personal opinion.
    I got mac cause i started using then in my schools digital media design program. Made my life easier for the sheer fact i didn't have to go to the lab to get work done. Now i have a better way of computing.

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

A little strange that this question would come up since antichrist registered and started posting today...

13. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Raised Catholic, but with the recent nonsense and I want to leave the church but am afraid of offending my mother. I'm christian, I just think the Catholic church is the biggest joke on the planet.

14. junco927 macrumors newbie

Total Skeptic here....Raised Catholic.I got into macs by using my wifes Performa.I got to do Tech Support!Thankfully the learning curve wasn't too steep.

15. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    well, i was christened, but i'd consider myself agnostic now, don't have anything against religion, i just don't like people trying to preach to me and convert me, each to their own, if they don't like it, that's their problem :)

and yeah i have noticed that there seems to be a lot of Christians here, but then it probably is just representative of the USA. (not here in NYC though heh).

16. Steradian macrumors 6502

Roman Catholic...Kinda...stoped going to mass...Still have faith...got to pass through the holy door (in 2000) with my brothers PowerBook...goodtimes.

17. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    I was raised kinda "nothing" so I was left to explore and see what worked for me. At the time (many years ago now) becoming Christian seemed the logical thing to do, comparitively speaking.

I don't really know how I came to become a follower of Christ by using logic and common sense, but that was the path I used and it stuck.

But no spinning cross for my 'tar when I earn one...that may be in poor taste.:p

18. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I'm a Christian and will firmly defend it to anyone who asks... not that I'm going to start preaching to you though. :D
    Oh, and I will never use anything but Mac if I have the choice.

JW

19. MarksEvilTwin macrumors regular

20. pinks macrumors regular

I have a feeling that you mean "je ne sais quois" .

Also, I wouldn't necessarily privilege one religious group over another when it comes to financial 'success'.

21. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

1- my french is in dire need of more practice. I've not used it in about 3 years.....
    2- Please don't tell me you thought I was serious? :rolleyes:

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm waiting for Steve to announce the new G5 PPC 970, hopefully this fall! ;)

23. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

I've experimented with all types of religion.. was actually considering a career as a jewish rabbi or christian preacher.. until I realized I didnt like 8 year old boys :)

I am now a firm existentialist who believes very little in any real religion, but i can and do appreciate a deep meaningful discussion on the subject of religion and ethics.. especially with my deeply religious friends and scholars.

As for how macs fit into it; I agree it is because of this bieng a mac site hosted in the USA, you are bound to get mostly Christian Americans overall.

Good times

-Doc

24. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah, I probably shouldn't post here, but:

If mostly american and western eurpoean nations post here don't you think the site would be mostly christian?

--MrMacMan
    (I'm jewish)

25. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

But where did you get your morals? I'm flirting with (EGAD!) Islam. Anyway, as Robert Heinlein said "One man's religion is another man's belly-laugh".

There are more christians on this site simply becasue there are more christians in the US by a long shot. Don't make a story where there is none, or you may find yourself watching the 10 o'clock news more.