Christmas Avertising

Discussion in 'Community' started by wdlove, Nov 11, 2002.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Is anyone else annoyed by the advertising for Christmas that began just after Halloween this year?

2. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

ill assume you're talking about the holiday gift guide on apple's web page. i think Chanukah is coming up(not sure how to spell it)around thanksgiving, don't know the exact date, which is pretty soon. so no i don't think its too early to start holiday advertising,. and besides, christmas is just a bit more than a month away, not too early at all.

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I love christmas advertising. It makes days pass quicker because
    I am looking forward to Christmas. I love Christmas. Christmas
    mean presents. I must sound like a 9 year old, but at 15 years
    old, I feel the same way about Christmas as I did when I was 9 :D.

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

To directly respond to the thread, no. wdlove, you sound a bit pissed about it. What's up?

scem, I know that feeling. It's probably one of the greatest holiday feelings you can have. :cool:

The only difference is I want days to pass slower. That way, I dream morw and more about most likely knowing I will get this thing called... :p

5. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Ba Humbug! The only advertising that I've really found annoying is the Adam Sandler spots for Eight Crazy Nights. I used to like a lot of his stuff, but the constant advertising for such an obviously annoying and crappy movie is going to send me on an eight night shooting spree!!!!!!!

6. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

multi-million/billion dollar companies want to make so much money just out of xmas by advertising to the max...it gets really irritating...but then again...its xmas
    me waiting for me getting a mac is helping me pass the time :p lol

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The more irritating issue is seeing Xmas items in stores already, and we've not even gotten through Thanksgiving yet. I've actually seen some people with Xmas wreaths on their doors, pathetic.

D

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It would be nice if Thanksgiving actually came after Halloween, instead of being a single stuff your face day (Ok, weekend) in the middle of the Christmas shopping season...

But with the need to rake in all the cash from Christmas as possible, the all mighty quest for one more dollar in revenue has killed Thanksgiving.

Quite sad really. :(

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I haven't found any forcasts for the 'buying' season this year. But it seems to me that with things starting so early that things might be a little lean this holiday. It is sad when it becomes a commercial enterprise instead of what it should be.

10. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not angry, its just doing it so early it all gets old. The focus of the advertising is the problem!