Christmas Decoration and Ads Already

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EricBrian, Nov 2, 2005.

1. EricBrian macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

It seems that Christmas deco and such start earlier every year. All they are doing, in my opinion, is desensitizing me to the Christmas holidays. So, when it is here, I am already over it.

In 5 years or so, stores will start decorating in August just to make sure they squeeze every pennny out of consumers.

Stupid, it is.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Every year we complain about it
    Every year my wife buys earlier and earlier

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The local Lowe's already had holiday stuff out the first week of September! It's getting there.

4. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

It's totally ridiculous! I know it will never happen, but could we please go back to not advertising christmas before thanksgiving?
    Why don't we start valentine's day stuff now, and just move every holiday up 2 months?

5. EricBrian thread starter macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

But don't you agree that it desensitizes people?

6. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

But isn't Christmas like 7 weeks away--that will be here before you know it!! :)

I usually wait until two weeks before to buy gifts anyway!! It doesn't matter how early the advertisements start!! ;)

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Undoubtedly, as before, it'll be me and Amazon, desperately looking for things that'll ship in time to arrive December 24th so I can wrap them. ;)

Stores could advertise all year round for Xmas. It'll still come down to Amazon late December.

Of course I buy the "special" gifts earlier or manually. But Amazon's a thing of beauty, and, with free two-day shipping due to being a Prime member, this year will be even better.

8. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

[/QUOTE]

I am the exact same way!! :) Amazon and RedEnvelope are my favorite gift stores and they let me wait to the last minute like I do everything anyway!! ;)

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Every year it seems that shopping decorations show up earlier and every year I purchase stuff later.

10. EricBrian thread starter macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

I only give a gift to my baby niece. And, I either get her what my brother asks me to get her or send him money so he can buy what she needs/wants. :)

11. achie25 macrumors 6502

I complain about this every year to my wife. It is just stores and companies trying to get more money out of us. This is not what christmas is about.

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Just saw a Christmas commercial by Walmart during lunch. The early decorations and commercial have no effect on me whatsoever. More interested it real meaning of Christmas.

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It pays to put the two biggest decoration Holidays back-to-back, since celebrating Turkey day is for the sucker companies who want their profits eaten by their competition.

And haven't you listened to the Indians lately, they say Turkey day is racist anyways. :rolleyes:

14. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam