Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
Well, for my girlfriend of 2 and a half years, this is what I got her this year....

-A white purse, that has pink hearts over it (she loves purses)
Inside the purse will be (all individually wrapped)
*bag of hersey's kisses
*orbit gum (she always has to have gum)
*lip gloss
*white gold heart necklace with a small diamond in it (this will be at the bottom)

-I also got her in a separate box...
*pink pittsburgh penguins hoody
*matching penguins tossel hat
*pink gloves

Obviously, her favorite color is pink, and she has become almost obsessed with hockey and the Penguins since she met me. Before she didn't even know hockey existed, haha. I figured that the hoody, hat, and gloves will come in handy while we wait outside for tickets, that we do often. My total cost was about $150...I got mostly everything on sale, on Black Friday. The necklace is actually very nice, but got it for $50 because it was on sale from $129 to $100, then I had a $50 coupon from a past purchase :D I bought her a purse, because her white purse is pathetic, it desperately needs replaced, it is falling apart. Hope I may of helped you.....

One idea, that I did last Christmas, was put everything in a stocking with her name on the top. And put the biggest gift (or smallest, as in jewlery) at the bottom. She loved it, and that is why I am putting those stuff in the purse...

Reaver

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I was in the same kinda boat, I have been with been with my girlfriend for 3 years and every year we bought all kinds of stuff for each other, but you sort of run out of ideas what to get women. some women are materialistic (meaning they care or like stuff from big named places or fancy stuff) and some women dont care about it as long as the gift was thought and given with love.

this year is me and my girlfriend (soon to be Wife) if everything goes well this christmas. me and my gf have been talking about marriage for the past year and lately right before thansgiving I stopped talking about it and stop bringing it up in conversations cause I want her to forget all about it and be suprised when she opens her ring on christmas eve.

I am trying to plan this out, I dont know whether to put a bunch of clues in the boxes and make her find the gift or if I should put clues in the boxes and make the ring the last gift and all the clues in the boxes make up the words to the proposel.

any thoughts on this?

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Christmas Ideas For Her.
Nothing says I love you more than a mass-produced diamond necklace from Kay Jewelers for $99.99 :rolleyes: Avoid the jewelry advertised on TV. Chances are ten other women will have the same necklace the next time you stroll around at the mall.

Might I suggest writing a song.

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
Nothing says I love you more than a mass-produced diamond necklace from Kay Jewelers for $99.99 :rolleyes: Avoid the jewelry advertised on TV. Chances are ten other women will have the same necklace the next time you stroll around at the mall.

Might I suggest writing a song.

I'm planning on writing her a song, but I won't have all of my music recording equipment until after christmas, so will probably do it for eitehr valentines day, or her birthday, depending on how long it takes to write, record and master the song.

Cheers for all of teh suggestions guys, she's in for a good xmas this year.

I should write 'courtesy of MacRumors.com' at the bottom of the card!

I am trying to plan this out, I dont know whether to put a bunch of clues in the boxes and make her find the gift or if I should put clues in the boxes and make the ring the last gift and all the clues in the boxes make up the words to the proposel.

any thoughts on this?

There is an other thread... on the boxes you can use for that purpose
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/257846/

Good luck for your xmas present... might be had to top that next year?
bozigle

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Well one place you could go is James Avery
it is where I got my gift for my girlfriend that apparently went over very well and she really like it. It is a nice place to get jewelry from. I look online at what I wanted to get her and got a few ideas there and then went to one of the stores to see the pieces in person and then pick out the one I wanted to get her.

The reason I like the place is the jewelry and other stuff is really good quality and it is a really good price for its quality. General you pay more for the quality of work and craftsman ship than you will there.

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
Argh, looks like I have missed all of the deadlines for christmas, nowhere can guarantee christmas deliver on the canvas prints :(

Quick question, could anyone reccomend some good online jewellry shops (UK), I think I'm going to get my girlfriend a bracelet for xmas aswell but would prefer to go through personal reccomendation.

Cheers guys and gals.

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
Quick update incase anybody is interested

I ordered the canvas print last night, this is the picture thats being printed (my girlfriend and I in Switzerland looking out to Lake Geneva)...I can't remember the exact dimensions of the canvas, but it's going to be about 15" wide.

Unfortunately I think I have missed the xmas deadline for deliveries on the canvas, so it may have to be a late present, which shouldnt be a problem as I still have some jewellry, perfume and a couple of cd's for her to open on the day.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
That's a gorgeous snapshot. I hope it turns out really nicely! :) If you're able, can you take a photograph of it when you get it?

Another kind of random question related to this... has anyone ever tried using a PS filter like the oil painting filter to convert a photograph into a more painting-like experience and then printed it on canvas? :D

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
That's a gorgeous snapshot. I hope it turns out really nicely! :) If you're able, can you take a photograph of it when you get it?

Yeah no problem, I'll get a picture of it as soon as she hangs it on her wall, I'm hoping it turns out really well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.