Chrome/Safari and 10.7, also screen shots.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by altecXP, Apr 1, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

Aug 3, 2009
    Has anyone had luck with Chrome in 10.7? When I try to Quit it won't. I have to Force Quit in Activity Monitor, and Chromuim nightly's won't even launch.

When i try to download a file in Safari I get the Download window and a message that the file can't be downloaded. I click on re-try and then a 2nd item is added to the download list for the file and it downloads while the 1st file seems to still be retrying.

I'd post a screen shot of this but when I try I just get a full black screen like this:

Attached Files:

2. Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    Read the seed notes.
  3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 3, 2009
    Thats rather daft, why would GPU matter?
  4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 3, 2009
  5. macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Jul 12, 2008
    Huntington, WV
  6. macrumors newbie

Apr 2, 2011
    chromium : me too
    can't install version newer than 12.0.718.0 (79538):confused:
  7. celticpride678

Feb 15, 2009
    Boston, MA
    The screenshots are a known issue. Use the developer build of Chrome in DP2.
  8. macrumors member

Dec 25, 2010
    Oh my god I was literally JUST about to post a thread on the no-quit-chrome problem when I saw this thread... hope you don't mind me hijacking, but I'll just state a couple of things that happened:

~woudn't quit, so I loaded force quit from the apple logo in the corner, which wouldn't even do it on the first try, but it quit on the second force quit
    ~reinstalling seems to solve the problem for the first couple openings of the app but then the problem arises again
    ~running the new beta, but I doubt that has anything to do with it cuz I saw THIS testimony, so....

ANyway, I might just downgrade back cuz Chrome is my main browse, but maybe I'd just switch to safari... it DOES have some improvements in 10.7 :D
  9. Tmelon, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2011
    I had that same problem yesterday. I had to force quit and then after restarting I never had the problem again (Mostly because I use Safari 5.1 much more often.) :D
  10. macrumors member

Dec 25, 2010
    @Tmelon hm. that might actually be plausible since I haven't restarted my mac ever since this morning. thx for the tip :D
  11. Takuro, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

macrumors 6502

Jun 15, 2009
    Edit: I said something erroneous. Webkit for Chrome is sandboxed within the app itself and not dependent on the OS.
  12. macrumors member

Jun 5, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't think this is correct. Chrome may have incompatibilities with Lion, but it rolls with its own version of Webkit. It's not like Chrome is a different UI for the version of Webkit Safari uses.