Chrome scrolling very choppy/laggy

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dominicdiep, Aug 15, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Jun 11, 2012
    I've been ignoring the issue of slow scrolling on Chrome on the MBA, but when Safari feels so much smoother in use it makes me irritated to see how choppy Chrome is in comparison. Does anyone else notice this issue?
  2. macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2012
    I notice it. I deleted chrome because the scrolling was annoying.
  3. macrumors member

Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah seems to be a common annoyance. I have chrome installed for when I need to use flash for something haha.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 11, 2011
    Have you tried turning on hardware acceleration? Go to the special URL "about:flags" (or "chrome://flags", I can't remember) and check "GPU Accelerated Compositing".
  5. macrumors member

Jun 11, 2012
    IME, Chrome's scrolling isn't quite as smooth as Safari's, but it's not what I'd call slow or choppy...i.e., it's not annoying to use. IIRC, I'm using the default settings.
  6. macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2011
    When using Chrome, you will notice on the top left of the tab, there is a rolling animation which means the site is still loading, when this is rotating, the browser is very very choppy. But when it stops, it is 90% as good as Safari.

Thing is, Safari is smooth from the off, as soon as Chrome realise how to do this it will be the best browser.
  7. macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Tweaked around some and scrolling seem VERY smooth now. Thanks for the tip!
  8. macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2012
    I SURREALLY hate Google, so I'm glad their doodoo programs run like crap, just like Samsung's new Galaxy Note 10.1 is getting rammed by reviewers, that kind of stuff makes my day.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Mar 11, 2011
    Perfect :D.
  10. thread starter macrumors member

Jun 11, 2012
    This helps sooo much, thanks!
  11. macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2012
    This helped, thanks alot!