Chrome v14.0.835.8 is the real deal

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by stillmatic, Jul 30, 2011.

1. stillmatic, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

macrumors member

Since installing Lion, I've been using Safari over Chrome mainly because of the gestures and new features. And after doing a clean install, Safari ran a little better then it did when I upgraded, but still sluggish from time to time.

But I just installed the latest Chrome dev build that was built for Lion, and I felt it deserved its own thread for anyone having trouble out there because of how great it runs.

I get it doesn't do the cool gestures and stuff yet, but usability is most important at this point.

Download it here

2. macrumors regular

It's a LOT better on Lion, for sure. Proper scrollbars, print preview on OS X and moving between pages can be handled by gestures. Just a shame that it can't be done using one finger, like Safari 5.1.

3. macrumors 6502a

lamonsas

dude thats version 14 of chrome, its FAR FAR away from us, we are still on version 12 on the stable wagon.

we wont have these nice features for atleast 7 months.

4. macrumors 68000

paulsalter

does it allow you to customise the position of the tabs in the latest version?

5. macrumors 604

bushido

just tried the beta, horrible. makes my fan run like crazy and the scrolling isnt responding on certain pages at all or gets stuck for a while before it continues. probably can't handle youtube videos which is ironic cuz both r part of google

6. macrumors newbie

.9 beta for Chrome came out last night.

7. macrumors 65816

Dolorian

8. macrumors regular

9. macrumors regular

No, but you can still download and give it a test. I use Chrome 13 beta and it's very very stable. Dev 14 was fine, apart from print preview. Sometimes it just didn't work.