Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samdale67

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Payne Gap, Texas
Hi experts,

I'm trying to understand why, after restarting Safari, a previous session's pages do not fully load so that you can see the preview in the dock. It's only after you activate the page that the full page loads. As long as I've known, Safari has behaved this way, and I'm trying to understand why we can't have Safari fully load the pages. See attached screenshot ... I'm on Sierra 10.12 Beta (16A313a).

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 9.47.45 AM.png

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Hi experts,

I'm trying to understand why, after restarting Safari, a previous session's pages do not fully load so that you can see the preview in the dock. It's only after you activate the page that the full page loads. As long as I've known, Safari has behaved this way, and I'm trying to understand why we can't have Safari fully load the pages. See attached screenshot ... I'm on Sierra 10.12 Beta (16A313a).

View attachment 648136

I'm guessing (and it is a guess) that it's because, even if they are cached, rendering a potentially large number of pages of potentially great complexity would not be a fun experience for the user. If they aren't full cached, even more so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.