CIA fires agent over leak to media

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 21, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

CNN

so -- whistleblowers will be fired and prosecuted, but those seeking political revenge against civilians will not.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

As long as you arent Libby,Rove,Cheney,Bush,,,its wrong.

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

meanwhile...

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    isn't it amazing how quickly this leaker was identified...

guess thats what happens when you're not part of the whitehouse inner circle.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

And what was she leaking? the fact that the cia was up again to its own tricks like picking up people flying them into places for torture and imprisonment without trial or representation?The fact that they are doing illegal things once again? Our America, Our U.S.A. thats is suppose to stand for truth & justice now stands for Lies & cover up compliments of George & Republicans. Vote em out, its the only answer.

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

In a larger sense, this reminds me of how poorly the government functions when it put ideology and politics ahead of pragmatism.

Back in the late '80s, the State Dept was unusually ideologically driven and had rare political appointees running various bureaus. Information was ignored, good people were shuffled around or fired and general morale was low.

This produced what was seen as one of the greatest failures of Foreign Service - the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.

Be afraid.

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

link

8. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

the plot thickens...

she was days away from the retirement. if the feds can make this stick, i guess they won't have to paying her pension.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

So you think maybe they were just trying to save the taxpayer's money?

BTW, if ever I go into court, I also want to be represented by a famous dead baseball player.

10. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

tongue-in-cheekly, yes. but if she isn't the leaker, and this is some sort of retribution, i'd think that her retirement date may have had something to do with the timing.

11. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

"reasonable doubt? you want reasonable doubt? members of the jury, i present to you my attorney, Stan Musial."

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That's be unusual.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I read about that. Apparently, the only "proof" they have is that she failed a question on a lie detector test. Which is not admissible in any court. Which means she could sue and probably win. Stupid all around. Real leaks happening that actually hurt us but go unpunished. Sometimes rewarded. Whistle blowing is severely punished, with firings and threats of imprisonment. It's a topsy turvy world we live in.