Cincinnati, OH or Louisville, KY?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by makefunnyfaces, Jun 14, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

makefunnyfaces

I'm not sure which one I'll go to, but it will be one of the two! :)

2. macrumors 6502a

I'll be at the Cincinnati one, bright and early!

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

makefunnyfaces

So will I! I was thinking 5:00 AM. Is it usually high volume? I've only been to Louisville & Columbus.

4. macrumors 6502a

The lines can get long, but I'm not sure about the line for people that actually reserved phones. There's always lots of people that come up there without a reserved phone trying to buy one. Back when the 3G came out (before Apple did reservations), an Apple employee told me that they would have more coming in the friday after launch day (one week to the day after launch. I didn't even try to get one on launch day then). They opened at 8AM I think, and I got there around 6:30 and there were two guys already in line ahead of me. It turns out they only had 3 16GB 3G iPhones come in, and that's what we all wanted, so anyone that came after us had to settle for 8GB. I have absolutely no clue how it's going to be next Thursday. Hopefully there won't be much of a line at 6AM when I get there. I can't imagine it being too bad. See ya then.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

makefunnyfaces

Thanks for all of the information. See ya!

6. macrumors newbie

Apple Store Oxmoor (Louisville)

Anyone from the 'Ville meeting up at the Apple Store Oxmoor? I have a couple iPhone's reserved for my wife and I. I'll probably be there between 6-6:30am.

7. macrumors newbie

Ill be at the ville early early. I dont have a reservation, what do you think my odds are of getting one? Last year i didn't reserve one and i showed up around 6 am and had no problem, but with the huge number of pre orders im a little worried i wont get one this year.

8. macrumors newbie

That's a good question. Even with reservations I'm a little nervous myself lol.

9. macrumors newbie

ya im seriously considering getting there at 1 am, and just trying to be the first one there. Last year the mall security wouldn't let us even line up outside the mall till 6 am, but alot of us just stayed in our cars and waited. If they do it like last year then they will have 2 lines, one for the reservations and one for the walk ins, hopefully thats how they will do it this year.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

makefunnyfaces

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Hah, I'm still nervous, too. I don't think the store is too high traffic, so getting there around 4 should be cool if you don't have a reservation. Don't take my word for it, though. :p

11. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads up! Guess I better get there by 6am then. I'm trying to get in and get out cause we're leaving for vacation later that morning and the wife ain't having it if I'm out there all day :D

12. macrumors member

I plan on getting to the Cincinnati one around midnight

13. macrumors 6502

I will be at the Cincy store and I have a confirmed reservation. I plan on getting there around 5:30-6:00am. Hopefully it won't be long cause I have to be at work around 9am. In the past, has there been two lines at the Cincy store? One for walk in and one for reservation. Where are all the Cincy people?

14. macrumors newbie

So I haven't reserved mine.. (Apple isn't letting you at this point, are they?). A bit nervous about getting it first day.

I was planning on camping out but sounds like that's a no-no. Sounds like I'll have just as good a chance of getting one if I show up at 6:00AM as I would if I showed up at 6:00PM the night before... Eh?

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

makefunnyfaces

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You could always park across the street somewhere & show up when the rent-a-cops let ya in.

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

makefunnyfaces

I reserved, also. Never been to the Cincy one, but that's where I'll be going this time. I plan to get there around 4:30 or 5:00. I want to be in & out ASAP, so I want to be one of the first in line. Every apple store launch I've been to has had two lines - reserved & campers.

17. macrumors 6502a

Kenwood BABY!!

I'll be at cincy sometime on launch day. I reserved mine there- and from other posts and comments, it looks like Apple does a good job of honoring the reservations. So with that said, I may get there early, or may stroll in nonchalantly later. A bunch of my friends and I are hittin cincy and and Newport right so I'll probably show up smelling like booze and strippers :cool:... Ahhh good times:) see you there!!

Sent from the best iPhone yet- the 3GS- soon to be ousted from it's throne by my reserved iPhone 4.

18. macrumors newbie

During the 3GS and Ipad launch @ the Apple Store Oxmoor/Louisville, I was able to get in line by 6am or so. That put me ~ 5th person or so in line for the Ipad and ~20th in line for the 3GS.

They open it early for the "Mall Walkers" and the Pannera Bread store is open that early. It has an entrance on the inside of the mall that you can walk out of and get to the Apple Store.

The Apple people always provide water and coffee/doughnuts for customers in line.

Generally the lines are long and slow. During the Ipad launch they had a system where they let 1 non-reserved customer in to the store for every 15 or so reserved ones. They kept track with a clicker. If you are non-reserved/non-preorder it could be a long (and if you aren't at the front of the line) unproductive day.

I think the crowds will be very big for this launch. Demand has already far outstripped supply and I think that there will be a good number of disappointed people on launch day. I hope it isn't so, but that is the way things are shaping up.
    YMMV.

19. macrumors regular

so last year i didnt reserve and was able to get the 3gs from the apple store in kenwood but i stood in line for hours and was there before they ever let us in the mall, im not sure about this year but I HAVE TO HAVE ONE on launch day. i sold my 3gs last week and have been phoneless since. what about walmart arent they getting them on launch day?

20. macrumors 6502a

Do you remember what time they actually let you inside the mall?

21. macrumors newbie

Oxmoor/Louisville Apple Store

I was in the Oxmoor store on Wednesday and an associate to me that they have 1,000 confirmed reservations at that store for the 24th !

22. macrumors newbie

If that is an accurate figure and they have their typical staff of 15 or so, then just getting through the reservations (with minimum and error free customer time and activation) will take many, many hours. Add whatever the number of non-reserved waiting and you have quite a day on the 24th....

23. macrumors 6502

So I'm thinking I might camp out at Kenwood mall to make sure I get through quickly. I called the Apple store last night and asked if they were going to have two lines and he said they haven't received that information yet. I have a reservation but I would like to get in and out. Maybe I'll be first in line and get a nice reward...Anyone want to plan a parking lot party?

24. macrumors 6502a

iPhone tailgating, now that sounds like fun! The parking garage entrance next to apple store would be great for that, especially if it's lit well at night. All you need is a cooler full of beer, some lawn chairs and a cornhole set! Hmm, I have all of those things...

25. macrumors 6502

iPhone Tailgating? I like that. Question is, can we get into the parking garage early enough? Cornhole in a parking garage may be an issue, height clearance...cooler full of soda, can't drink, got to be at work at 9am. However, if it can be done, I'm down for it. Who's tailgating with us?