Cinema 20" or Cinema 23"?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ILoveAlliO, Apr 3, 2006.

1. ILoveAlliO macrumors newbie

Apr 3, 2006
    The 23 is $500 more... and there's only a difference of three inches.

Is it worth it?

What are you Apple Cinema LCD users using?

Take care
  2. Xcaliber macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2006
    I have both a 20" and a 23". I know three inches doesn't sound like much, but it does make a huge difference. If you can afford it, spend the extra $500. I don't think you'll regret it.
  3. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Oct 31, 2005
    Twin Cities, MN
    Neither. Save tons of money total and get a Dell 2405. Check the price/benefit comparison and there is no comparison. Or check the THW review or any other review out there...
  4. Synapple macrumors regular

Mar 29, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    lol... here we go again... funny how the question is "cinema 20" or cinema 23"?" and still we get the same old tired "buy a dell" reply... which is fine, I mean... whatever...

And I think you all must get that yes, there are people willing to spend some hundreds of dollars on a nice alu bezel matching their macs... we're not all on a damn budget :eek: doh!
  5. chris y. macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2006
    los angeles, ca
    Yep definitely get the biggest monitor you can afford...especially if you appreciate multitasking/ having multiple windows viewable at once....the 3inch difference is more drastic when you think about the increase in pixels you get going to 1920x1200 from 1680x1050 resolution.
  6. Platform macrumors 68030

Dec 30, 2004
    Get the 23" is 1920*1080....that is more than'll appreciate the extra pixels ;)

I have the 20" iMac....but it has a better contrast ration though...I hocked up another 17" display and the extra screen space is great ;)

But get one big rather than two smaller once...:cool:
  7. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    Thank you.

Geebus every time someone wants to buy an ACD and mentions it here, they get trounced. :rolleyes:
  8. Photorun macrumors 65816

Sep 1, 2003
    I'd opt for the 23", the more screen real estate the better IMHO unless it just can/'t be swung in the budget. They they probably have different screen now (or not) when checking them out at the Apple Store the 23" seemed brighter when cranking them up to max (blinding actually).

And don't buy a Dell, sure they're cheaper but that's like saying Walmart is a quality retailer, they're not. Why support a sh***y computer company with a soulless pr*ck of a owner who repeatedly bashes Jobs while totally completely idolizing him not to mention copies in many cases. Some of us have morals and principles and are, quite frankly, not that cheap.
  9. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    It may only be 3 inches, but it's 600,000 more pixels or 30% larger than the 20 inch.