Cinema Display 3rd party warranty?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bhennies, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Hello...I am thinking about purchasing an updated 23" display several months before I get my new g5 (waiting for the new dual 3.0). This automatically disqualifies me from purchasing Apple Care for it. Is there a 3rd party service or insurance provider that will insure the LCD against pixel deterioration and/or damage? I think Apple is a little pathetic for not allowing buyers to protect just the monitor (don't even get me started about how they refuse to print refresh rates...etc.). I wouldn't be so paranoid, except that a couple of years ago, I had a laptop screen mysteriously fracture overnight. Guess which part of the laptop the manufacturer doesn't cover? S__t happens. Thanks!

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

A lot of people put their equipment under home owner or renter insurance's accidental damage plan. Say your Cinema display starts flashing you the pixels, just accidentally bump it from the 2nd floor balcony, fill out some claim forms and BAM, money for brand spanking new replacement.

3. Bhennies thread starter macrumors 6502

HaHaHa...Ok, sounds good. Now if only I had a second floor...or a second room for that matter...or space for a cinema display. New York City real estate sure is fun! Climb into a small cardboard box and you get the feeling.