Cinema Display Competition

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by aminadab, Aug 19, 2005.

1. aminadab macrumors regular

May 3, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Hi, I'm looking at getting a 20" or 23" ACD. Are there any other non-Apple flat screen monitors I should be considering. I'm not stuck on apple, though aesthetically it's quite nice, etc. But, it there's something out there that has a significanly better picture for same amount of money, I'd certainly consider it. Also, I have the latest 12" PB (GeForce 5200). Thanks.
  2. stonyc macrumors 65816

Feb 15, 2005
    Dell flat-panels and Samsungs seem to be popular around here.
  3. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2005
    Northern California
    If your willing to spend the money, then get an Apple monitor. It's by far the best looking monitor (Casing wise) and the screen is just as good as any other LCD. Plus it's an Apple. The main alternative that people use on this site are Dells, either the 2005FPW or the 2405FPW. The 2005FPW often goes on sale for less than $400, and the 2405FPW goes on sale for under $900. Most people buy Dells for the price.
  4. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2005
    Brighton, UK
    :( Came on this thread thinking I could win a Cinema Display. Oh well never mind.

Dells are highly mentioned on these forums, and I would definately advise you to look into them.

5. godbout macrumors regular

Jun 22, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    I have heard good things about Sonys and LGs too (along with dells and samsugs) The only thing that stops me from getting the Dell is the thought of running my PB on it :p I think that the sonys are right up there with the ACDs for price though, in the end I if you are looking for the best deal... you might have to go with the dell :eek:

P.S. Please take my comments about dell lightly they are 3 parts humor and only one part utter disgust ;)

P.P.S. Wow after reading a couple reviews (along with the one posted above) that dell screen is looking alot nicer :)
  6. EasyB macrumors member

Jan 29, 2005
    I think that the picture-in-picture feature and all the inputs of the dell are awesome. Composite, component, s-video, vga, and DVI. After I am done using it as a monitor, I can have a great tv in my bedroom. I wish it was as sleek looking as the Apple Display.
  7. japasneezemonk macrumors 6502

Jun 13, 2005
    I've got the 20" Cinema display and i couldn't be happier.