Cinema Display on a PC

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by displayguy, May 1, 2002.

1. displayguy macrumors newbie

Is anyone else as excited about this new DVI-ADC adapter as I am? When Apple announced the Cinema HD Display, I was drooling and wishing that I could get one for my windows CAD station. Now I can!!!!!!! I just ordered the display and the adapter. CAD work on this baby is going to be amazing!!! I can't wait. And even though I have to run a windows box...at least the display will be Apple :)

2. Wildcat macrumors regular

Yeah my dad is always drooling over apples displays but he has a PC. You could have used the displays on PC before the release of the DVI to ACD converter. There was a product out that did the same thing only it was called something like Dr. Bolls DVIator. ( not really sure what the real name is). AMD was using an Apple 22" display on one of its machines at some developers conference or something. So it could be done before but now apple makes the hardware to do it.

3. displayguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, you could use the other displays with the Dr. Bott, but the performance on the cinema display was pretty marginal. It won't work at all with the new cinema HD. The Dr. Bott product is just a cable adapter, which loses a lot of the signal integrity. The new Apple adapter has circuitry to buffer and amplify the video signal. It's pretty sweet.