Cinema Display or LCD TV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jopling, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Jopling macrumors 6502

Hey, I was going to buy a 23 inch apple cinema display tonight, but the store I went to didn't offer student discounts, so I held off the purchase till tomorrow. I was wondering, I wanted to use this monitor for more screen real estate (I use Final Cut Pro and Photoshop)and I really like the design and the quality. I feel really bad about spending so much on a display though, are there any other displays like this (excluding the Dells unless there is one that takes RCA and cable) or a display I could hook to cable and my computer and still get just as good quality? If I got the cinema display I'd be getting an eye tv as well.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

If you're going to an Apple Store they offer student discounts. If it's an Apple Reseller they might not. If you want both I'd go for a 24" Dell Widescreen LCD.

3. Jopling thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. Jopling thread starter macrumors 6502

well the 23 inch apple lcd has the same amount of pixels.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

So, what's the problem with the Dell then? Your Phillips LCD TV is 1366 x 768. Dell is also having a killer sale until the end of this month. $850-900 for the 24" LCD.

7. Jopling thread starter macrumors 6502

I hear the dell monitor has problems dropping frames with final cut pro. Also I hear it has uneven lighting problems.