Cinema Display USB Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ironic23, Feb 10, 2007.

1. ironic23 macrumors 6502

I have a 23" aluminum ACD. It is connected to my MBP (2.0Ghz, 2gb ram, 100gb hard disk, 256mb videoram). Just today i realized that whenever my ACD's display goes to sleep (after 3 minutes), my iPod (which is connected to the ACD's usb hub) stops charging. This was never the case before. Then when i move my mouse and the display lights up, it says that there wasn't enough power on the USB port. I have the usb hub on the ACD hooked up to my ipod and another powered USB hub, while for firewire, it is hooked to my isight and my lacie HD. I tried removing everything but the iPod on the ACD's hub but as soon as the display goes to sleep, the ipod stops charging. Is my ACD having a problem with the usb/firewire hub? Thanks.

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

For things that doesn't have a power source, I usually plug it straight in to the computer. I dont think your ACD is broken, it just doesn't have enough power to power all those things at once. It's designed to power/transfer 2 USB/Firewire, not 10 things at once.

3. ironic23 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah but like i said, i tried it removing everything but the ipod. still doesnt charge.