Cinema displays

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mr. DG, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Mr. DG macrumors regular

Mr. DG

Jan 16, 2006
    Ok, the macrumors guide says updates soon. We're guessing at WWDC right? is that early august? any informed speculation?

I've been offered a 20" ACD for 375UKP. Seem like a good deal or do people think price drops are on the cards? I was hoping for 23" but its waay out of my price range. If apple upped the 20" to 21" and dropped the price i'd be right in there. I do kind of need a monitor as i'm borrowing a 15" CRT atm. I can put up with it but i'd rather not.
  2. Carl Spackler macrumors 6502

Carl Spackler

Apr 12, 2005
    Outer Space
    I say go for it. Assuming there's nothing wrong with it, that sounds like a great price and you can always sell it later for probably the same price, if not more. I'd check eBay to see what they are going for.

I'm guessing that the only major thing we'll see is an iSight built in, possibly, which Apple won't exactly give a away for free and maybe a new design, but who cares, the current design is pure sex.

I've been doing my research and saving up for a 23" ACD and the only issue to watch out for is the report that some early versions have a pinkish tint, but I don't know if the 20" are affected. I'd check for that.