movie service online

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by howard, Apr 3, 2006.

1. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002

check it out. varied pricing, plus the option to rent. dvd quality movies.

it don't think it will be long till we get this from apple.
  2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2004
    Charleston, IL
    For what I saw, movies are between $10-$20 to buy and $4-$3 to rent for 24 hours.... I don't think that's all that bad of a deal if you do get special offers and discounts from time to time.

I believe Apple will do something similar except a smaller resolution for the movie to decrease the $ per maybe $10 for a new release and $5 for an old release. Maybe I'm living in a dream world.
  3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Yeesh. Too many technical restrictions.

Doesn't support the Mac OS, any browser other than IE, and earlier editions of Windows. Must watch on computer; can't burn to DVD. Needs WiMP10. Not transferable to iPod.

Sure, copyright issues are why you can't do things like burn to DVD, but Apple resolved that problem for music in the iTMS. In its present form, CinemaNow is more suitable for those who own media centers and want to buy movies to save to huge HDs, those who will only rent, and those who don't mind watching their movies on a computer screen instead of a TV. If Apple can provide a movie model that matches the iTMS music model (i.e., you can burn movies onto a limited number of DVDs), they can take over this industry the way they took over the music download business.