Cinemas and subtitles in France

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by w00tmaster, Dec 19, 2006.

1. w00tmaster macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2004
    Being the Simpsons nerd that I am, I checked out wikipedia's entry on the Simpsons movie today and found that it is being released in France 2 days earlier than the rest of the world. I have been planning a trip to France anyway, so I figure why not combine the two! However, I have a question: Do the cinemas in France usually show films with the original dialogue(w/ French subtitles) or are they usually dubbed in French? Where is a good place to look for cinemas in Paris that would have the movie in English?
  2. simonberri macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2006
    seriously dont risk it wait till it comes out in your own country surrounded by your own comforts!!!
    only way!!;)
  3. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Dec 27, 2002
    Alameda, CA
    French cinemas show movies in both subtitled and dubbed versions. Pick up a "Pariscope" magazine at any newsstand. In the movie listings, look for the letters v.o. (version originale) next to the movie listing for the subtitled version.
  4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2004
    London, UK
    That's interesting. I wonder why that is? I'd actually be interested in hearing how they do the dubbed version as well. I know the regular Simpsons episodes are dubbed into French with French-Canadian voices (at least the ones I watched in Quebec were). I wonder if they'll do the same for the movie?
  5. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    Are they maybe premiering it at the Cannes Film Festival?