CINGULAR question (from a Canadian)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iEric, Feb 20, 2006.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

Hey I heard that if you are a customer of Cingular for more than 90 days, you can call them and ask for your phone to be unlocked from them...is it true is it a myth?

thanks.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

As Captain Kirk said in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, "You may ask." But the answer is no, they will not do this.

3. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've never watched Star Trek. But thanks though. I didn't know but I just heard from the always reliable INTERNET. :)

thanks for helping clay!

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Blasphemy.

;) (You're welcome.)

5. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

yay i can't wait for my cingular itunes phone (slvr).

i wonder if those unlock things on the internet work...do you know?

6. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Just out of curiosity why would you want to unlock it? Are you getting the phone super cheap from cingular and want to use it on another carrier?

7. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

cause i live in canada and we dont have cingular and we dont even have a carrier that offers the slvr.

so i bought it off of ebay and it wasn't unlocked and now i want it unlocked.

also i had to get it from the cingular one cause it had iTunes. other ones don't/

8. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

I got my phone unlocked on eBay for $5.95 + shipping.

9. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

i dont want to ship it to some random guy.

but i did get my phone unlocked though. this guy in vancouver...very nice. but a bit pricey but whatever. i love my SLVR! It's so great!

10. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Cingular would NEVER do something like that, if you want one unlocked, one of the best places to get it is off of EBAY..

11. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

there is a thing called feedback and ebay that will help insure a safe transaction. it is pretty safe, there are people 3000+ feedbacks on phone unlocks.

12. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh right, i'll just leave a negative feedback - that will help get my 300$ phone back. :rolleyes:

and if he just flashes the phone? I dont want that. it's either got to be test point or a database of codes from IMEM (or whatever).

13. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

well, if you don't trust the eBay system are is a ebayer than offers his unlocking service via ebay and has several retail location that will do that same for about $20.00 more. your'll just have to search ebay for unlock phones.

Btw, you are covered for damage on ebay and if you use paypal they will cover you as well. What you really need to do is get on ebay and see how it works. Most things are ebay covered by some sort of insurance, so you don't have to worry to much.