Cingular Wireless Is Cutting Minutes

Discussion in 'Community' started by jiggie2g, Feb 2, 2004.

1. jiggie2g macrumors 6502

jiggie2g

Hey People I just wanted to Inform everyone that today Cingular has taken yet another step into becoming a bunch of greedy bastards just like Verizon. well i am located in the NYC area and have had Cingular for the past 2yrs ever since they came to NYC, mainly because i wanted a Sony Ericsson T68i which i bought eventually. I now own a Sony Ericsson T616.

well i recently discovered that my 2yr deal is almost up and was hoping to renew my contract so i can purchase a Motorola v600 when it becomes available. Let me 1st say that I have been happy with my Cingular Service and have had no major problems. my current plan is the Nation GSM with 700 anytime mins and 3000 night and weekend mins, plus rollover. in the time i have had my phone i have never been charged for going over my day mins. mainly because i have had rollover save me as i usually go just over 600 mins a month daytime and maybe 1,600 night & weekend average. well today i went to the Cingular website and discover that those GREEDY PIG BASTARDS JUST Butchered all thier plans. cutting as much as 100-200 anytime mins on the more popular plans with in the $39.99-$69.99 range.

I am completely outraged by this and am considering switching providers and taking my number with me. I just don't get why after 2yrs of having great service plans they decide to shoot themselves in the foot and piss thier customers off. Plus i find this move to be very suspect timing wise since they have recently made their bid to Purchase AT&T Wireless. I guess as usual another Big Corp is using us to pay for what they want , I guess they want to raise some extra bidding money by screwing loyal customers forceing them to choose insufficient plans that will only get them to go over their mins every month. I now see it will only be a matter of time before ROLLOVER Mins Plans are Eliminated.

THANKS ALOT CINGULAR , AS A TOKEN OF MY APPRECITION I WILL BE TAKING MY MONEY AND MY NUMBER WITH ME TO T-MOBILE OR SPRINT.

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I'm pretty sure you can continue with you current plan. That's what I'm doing with Verizon, because I wanted to keep my 8 PM nights (new plans start at 9). Call up CS and tell them you want to stay on your plan.

3. janey macrumors 603

janey

mmmmhmmm
    /me and her dad, they have ~400 leftover minutes every month :)

/me and her dad, they are happy with Cingular, although her bf ibookin' wants her to switch to verizon

4. Calvinatir macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

lol

Just renew your contract..Im with cingular in the So Cal area and when the 7-7-7 plan came out a while ago we snapped and got it. We now can have that 7-7-7 plan for as long as we want, or until they come out with something better! (7-7-7 is 7 PM = 7 AM for $7) Unlimited....Just renew..same price, same mintues, everything the same

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't use a monthly plan so I can't help (I hardly ever make calls so I just pay as I go), but I hope you get it all sorted out. But as people have said, you should just be able to continue with your current plan.

6. jiggie2g thread starter macrumors 6502

jiggie2g

Hey Thank's alot everone i think i will talk to Cingular into letting me keep my old plan. let's hope it goes well.