Circular Scroll on MacBook Trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matt.bauer, Jan 30, 2007.

1. matt.bauer macrumors newbie

I just upgraded from a 12" Powerbook to a Black MacBook.

One thing I really miss is the circular scroll option that I had on the Powerbook using iScroll 2. The iScroll driver doesn't work on the newer laptops that come standard with trackpad scrolling.

Is this an option on the MacBook using preferences or is there shareware that provides this option?

2. oceanmonster macrumors regular

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

If it is two finger scroll, enable it in system preferences->keyboard and mouse->trackpad

4. RichardJohn macrumors member

I would imagine it's scrolling by making a circular motion with your finger.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

That's linear scrolling though. Circular scrolling is like on an iPod clickwheel, where the direction you sweep the arc (clockwise or counter-clockwise) determine whether you scroll up or down. I don't feel like there's a huge difference between the two, but I can see why someone might want it. I don't know of any way to enable it on MacBooks though.

6. oceanmonster macrumors regular

in the system preferences>mouse section trackpad tab enable two finger scroling

7. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

With 2-finger scrolling enabled, and if you're zoomed into a document or image so it's larger than your screen, you will get real "circular scrolling", in that if you move your fingers in a circle the whole page moves in a circle (right/left/up/down).

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I was also wondering if the Macbooks had the circular scrolling...

9. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Yeah, the people at iScroll can't do it because Apple won't release the driver to the new USB-based trackpads, and apparently Sidetrack's programmers didn't think it was worth the effort.