Cirtix Nfuse Help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BillabongboyMac, Jan 29, 2005.

1. BillabongboyMac macrumors newbie

Was wondering if anyone can help me please?

I am running OS x V 10.3.7 and Safari 1.2.4 (v125.12) and I am trying to connect to my work NFuse citrix service using a RSA secureID fob.

I connect to the nfuse login site via safari and get as far as launching the application. A new safari window pops up, but it just hangs and doesn't load up the citrix service.

I have loaded the latest citrix ICA client.

Can anyone help me please?

New, but frustrated Mac user.

S :confused:

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

You may want to try a different browser to make sure it isn't a Safari thing - sometimes in my experience the Citrix client works best on IE, unfortunately.

You may also need to make sure the appropriate ports are opened on your router, if you have one. Not sure what those ports are for the NFuse client, but the client docs should tell you.

3. cusqueno macrumors newbie

4. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I use Firefox to do this exact same thing with the only problem being that it downloads the .ica file to the default location and then launches it so I end up with a crap load of .ica files on my desktop after doing any serious work ionvolving me logging into umpteem number of servers.

I don't think I could ever get it to work right with Safari though.

5. cusqueno macrumors newbie

I am a new Mac Mini owner (but seasoned Citrix Admin) and I agree that Firefox seems to work the best so far. I installed the native MacOS X version of the Citrix client and it is much snappier than the Java version. Though you do not get seamless windows that can be easily resized.

I haven't noticed any extraneous .ICA or .ASP files on the desktop, but I know that several users at work have reported that issue. Citrix has written a creative AppleScript to automatically delete the files from the desktop. I haven't test this but check the last section of this document:

http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=300&entryID=4959&fromSearchPage=true