Cisco VPN client and ATT aircard

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by ericthered, Jul 14, 2008.

1. macrumors member

The Cisco VPN client I am using disconnects my session after a very short period (5 seconds) when using my ATT aircard on my laptop. It works just fine if I have an Ethernet connection or if I am connected through my wifi adapter.
    I have a Globetrotter HSDPA cell modem with service through ATT

The error that is logged says that the session was disconnected due to a change in the adapter address

This is using Cisco VPN client Ver 4.9.01.0100

Any help out there?

Thanks

2. macrumors newbie

Cisco VPN client and ATT aircard

Ran into the same problem using the ATT Global Express Card and Cisco VPN client. The Parallel software I installed to run virtual disks installed two different network interface to support the disks. They are causing the problem with the dropping the connection. This is a flaw with Parallel compared to VMWare's Fusion. I haven't seen the same issue when using Fusion.

I have also tried creating a new location within the Network preference panel and disabling the two interfaces, but with no luck. I have seen this work with the Sierra USB 881U interface. Not working with the Global Express Card.