Citi Bank/Credit Cards

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by furryrabidbunny, May 18, 2005.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Anyone else here have a citicard or use citibank. If you do, you may notice that Safari no longer works (safari 2.0) on their online banking. The rendering is so poor that you can no longer navigate. The worst part is, it worked with older versions of Safari. I had to go through this with Bank of America when they were upgrading their webpage, they attempted to drop Safari support, but the backlash was so huge that they started to "support" it again. I emailed Citi and they simply said that Safari is not supported and I should use I.E. I told them to be standards compliant and that if Safari will not work anymore, I will not do business with them. Is anyone else having this problem with Safari? If you are, and I imagine a lot of people have somesort of a Citi account, email them and b!tch. We may have a small percentage of a market share, but that 3+ percent equals thousands of people. I have been using Mac OS all my life, and I wont switch because a banking company has a poor website.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Use the bug report button in Safari.

Have you tried Firefox?

3. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Camino works with the page... it is just really annoying that they think they can just ignore a small, but growing segment. I emailed them after I got the I.E. thing threatening to close my account, they replied with "they will attempt to improve their service and webpage.

4. MontyZ macrumors 6502a

Citibank sucks. Plain and simple. I used them for years for both personal and business, and the fees they charged for every little thing were ridiculous and it took way to long to clear checks. I moved our accounts to Commerce Bank, and have saved hundreds of dollars in just half a year, plus their online banking system works just fine in Safari.

5. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

My main problem right now is, I have a citi dividend card, so I get a percentage back on every purchase. I am in college right now, so i try not to use it that much, but I just charged a trip on it, so i have earned 35 bucks back, and I need 15 more to cash it out (which would take me three months or so to earn). I am thinking that I might be able to b!cth enough to have them cash it out. What i dont understand is, it worked with Safari in Panther fine, everything worked. Nothing as far as the engine is concerned changed that much in Tiger did it?

6. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

IMO citi ranks in the top 5 for what I like to call "profit raping" the masses.

That said, I also have a citi platinum dividend card... it's pretty nice.

7. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

So thats why I couldn't navigate the citibank website...
    I hope they make their site compliant, because I'd like to use as few browsers as possible! And yes that means one, and I want that one to be safari. Don't get me wrong i like the other browsers such as Camino and Firefox too, but I just want to use one.