City of Heroes (Again :-)

Discussion in 'Games' started by JGreen2191991, Jul 22, 2004.

1. JGreen2191991 macrumors newbie

I know this has already been brought up but oh well. I played the PC version and it was really fun. Do you guys want to see this on your Macs? You can email them at: support@plaync.com

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, they say that they'll port it if there's demand, so please let them know that there is demand :)

3. applekid macrumors 68020

It might be better to e-mail a porting house.

But here's the thing, all of the companies have heard the same requests over and over again. There's no point in slamming them with spam. I really suggest not e-mailing anyone anything.

And do a search. We've had a thread. I'm too lazy to link it. In a nutshell, not anytime soon.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It might help to email a porting house, but I believe that their previous game, Lineage, was ported in-house (or maybe developed simultaneously rather than ported).

5. JGreen2191991 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got an email from the support@plaync and they are sending me an answer to my question and they said its probably a final one. Not the "we are currently not able to put city of heroes on mac but this does not mean we wont in the future" crap. Ill post the reply when i get it.

6. applekid macrumors 68020

Hmmm, a final word...

Well, Lineage ended up not doing to swell on the Mac, so if that means anything to them. Not that I won't stay optimistic.

7. JGreen2191991 thread starter macrumors newbie

The answer: not a good enough one to be posted on these forums. Those liars.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I emailed them and said "Your website says that you'll make a Mac version of City of Heroes if enough people are interested. So I'm just letting you know that I'm interested :)". They proceeded to send me a copy of the exact wording on their website. So I wrote back and said "Thank you for your copy/paste response." :rolleyes:

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

OK, they just replied again, with *exactly* the same response. Unbelievable.

10. JGreen2191991 thread starter macrumors newbie