Civ 4 or AOE 3?

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Oct 31, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

Which game in your opinion is a better game? civilization 4 or age of empires 3? my preference is a game that is less confusing, but still interesting, with lots of historical battles and events... any help would be great... and what are the time periods for both games?

2. aholden12592 macrumors regular

i got civ 4 and if you want accurate historic battles don't get civ 4. civ 4 is just - make the best troops stat wise, bring them over to an enemy, take over city. repeat that 100 times and you have a game.

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

i have aoe3 its fun buts gets repitive - I love the total war series and that alone is worth dealing with bootcamp. I am looking forward to medieval2 coming out in a few weeks and they are the best in combining the turn based strategic planing and then real time battles and they are epic. I have playing rom to get myself warmed up for medieval and just had a battle the other day with a total of about 12000 units on the battlefield. I had about 5000 on my side and the computer had 7000 and I had to use all my units to their abilities to eek a victory. In an open battlefield they brought siege catapult in which my light cavalry was able to cut them down while my legions and archers marched forward. my heavy cavalry and elephant mercenaries finished them off. I can't wait for medieval2 personally.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Can't comment on AOE 3, because I have yet to play it. But I find Civilization 4 to be a good game. :)

5. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Civilization's a fun game, a bit difficult, I just don't really like turn-based strategy. As for AOE 3, you could always make your own campaigns I guess.