Civ III: Complete Multiplayer Help

Discussion in 'Games' started by OnceUGoMac, Apr 21, 2006.

1. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

My Girlfriend and I are trying to have a multiplayer game with no success. She has a Mac Mini G4, OS X.4.6 and I have an iBook G4, OS X.4.6. We both have downloaded Game Ranger. When one of us hosts a game, the other doesn't connect to it. The Civ III FAQ states turning on port 10233. Where do we find this port or other ports for this matter? On a final note, both our Firewalls are turned off. Thanks.

Edit: I use Comcast, just the modem, no router. She uses Earthlink DSL, no router, just the modem.

2. OnceUGoMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

For those that have viewed this thread, I got a reply from Aspyr tech support. Apparantly, Game Ranger no longer support Civ III: Complete. :mad: No multiplayer for us Mac folk. :(

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I viewed this thread earlier and didn't know how to help, sorry. I play that game but never multiplayer. That sucks.

4. OnceUGoMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

It's not you're fault. No one knew how to help; not even Aspyr.:D

5. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Sorry to reserect an old thread. So is there NO multiplayer for civIII now? Not to worried bout LAN but I would love to kick some butt online! They have no "battle-net-esk" type system?

6. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212