Civ III Complete : Sound Troubles?

Discussion in 'Games' started by yellow, Jan 31, 2006.

1. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I was wondering if it's just me or there are others with sound problems in Civ3C?

There are no attack sounds at all in the game. I'm comparing this to regular old Civ3. For example, the Modern Armor has a cannon firing sound every time the main gun fires in Civ3, but nothing at all in Civ3C. In addition, sounds like the cheering when a city has a "We love X" celebration, sometime gets cut off prematurely.

Aspyr gave me the typical run around on supporting the issue, but I'm seeing it on 3 different Macs of different (hardware) ilks, but all variations on 10.4.3/4.

I was just curious if I was the only one and there's some commonality I have on all three that might be the cause.

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I have no sound problems running on my iMac G5. I haven't altered with any settings. The only thing that may be different than most peoples set up for this game is that mine is on a 2nd partition (where I keep all of my games).

3. yellow thread starter Moderator emeritus

yellow

All my games are on a separate logical drive, so I'm in the same situation. It's got to be a common piece of software like Flip4Mac or something else QT related perhaps.

4. cazlar macrumors 6502

5. yellow thread starter Moderator emeritus

yellow

Cool, Brad to the rescue. Though I'm surprised their in-house beta testing didn't catch this. See what happens when you reduce your external beta testing?

/disgruntled former external beta tester